Aly Cissokho

samjp26

He might not be as good going forward as Amavi but he's superior to richardson defensively

He played some of his best stuff under Garde and it's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned that we try and get him back somehow

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

If we are going to try and play keep the ball passing football then we need to get Bennett back, he will be much more useful than the other two if that is the case. We can't play Hutton and one of Cissokho/Richardson it's just going to make us struggle keeping the ball/going forward. We need to create and score, we aren't going to be able to get out the bottom 3 otherwise.

I dont really mind Bennett if im honest. His problem is clearly lack of confidence. It wasnt only one game against Chelsea where he had been superb. It were two of them. Then ive seen flashes from here and there. Whenhe came he got injured which havent helped him to settle. Most of his games were in our worse run.

I dont mind Cissokho defensively. But managers need to know what they want as he clearly doesnt know how to cross yet hes the most crosser in the team. Youd know its useless sincehes prepared to send it.

Bennett is probably more 'threatening' (though not really at all) going forward, but Cissokho is more solid defensively. Neither are great, which is why they aren't at the club currently. I think the best idea might be managing with Richardson for a few weeks, then Bennett gets back, Garde can take a look at him, and if he's not up to snuff we should look for a 6-month loan for someone. 

Never understood why Cissokho was loaned out to start with. Especially as Bennett ended up following - leaving us with just a guy who is having his first season in a new league and a new country and therefore bound to either struggle or get injured and leave us with just Kieran Richardson, who is shite

12 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Never understood why Cissokho was loaned out to start with. Especially as Bennett ended up following - leaving us with just a guy who is having his first season in a new league and a new country and therefore bound to either struggle or get injured and leave us with just Kieran Richardson, who is shite

Because Tim Sherwood?

• Like 2

Well Bennett is not good enough, letting him leave was a no brainer, and I have no inside information but I'd wager that the reason we let Cissokho go and kept Richardson is pretty simple - we only needed 1 as backup and no one wanted Richardson

• Like 1

I assume he was loaned out as we signed Amavi who was highly rated (rightly so imo) and signed as a first choice left back, so Aly thought he'd have a better chance at first team football elsewhere (or it was made clear by the club that would be the case). Can't blame a player for wanting to play though, I'd rather see someone keen to play and get football than sit on the bench soaking up £40kpw. It shows the right attitude, it doesn't help our current predicament though, I'd like him as our second choice after Amavi. Or first choice if Jordan is out for an extended period, hopefully Remi can recall him and register him in Jan.

Edited by alreadyexists

If we can I'd recalled him in January. He's experienced, has played under Garde before so will know his system and style of play and I think he's pretty good one on one defending, can't think of too many wide players apart from Mahrez who did him last season which you can't say for someone like Bennett who got done by league 2 wingers here.

He's poor going forward so the tactics will have to change but then we'll have to do that anyway if it's Lescott or Richardson fill in there, any player we will put in for next 6 weeks will be a more defensive option so might actually help us keep a few more clean sheets.

People can't be serious wanting CNZ there, did no one see his awful performance in that position v Burnley last season?

Â