Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Started S3 and within 5 minutes felt like I'd missed multiple episodes. Did some research to find that the mando story continued in Boba Fett.

What **** show carries on their major storyline in a different **** show?

I don't care how good it might get now, I'm done with it. 

It's turning into marvel, where they force you to watch every **** thing they make

And sadly, like Marvel, most of what they're making is shit

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Started S3 and within 5 minutes felt like I'd missed multiple episodes. Did some research to find that the mando story continued in Boba Fett.

What **** show carries on their major storyline in a different **** show?

I don't care how good it might get now, I'm done with it. 

It's turning into marvel, where they force you to watch every **** thing they make. 

It was an absurd thing to do. Even more absurd when you realise the one or two episodes in Bob's Fett where the story continued didn't feature Boba Fett. It was 100% as if they shoved an episode of the Mandalorian in Bob's Fett.

The next absurd thing about it was Boba Fett...both the character, ripped of everything that made him appealing back in the day, and the show itself, which was beyond shit. It's possibly the worst Star Wars thing. 

In contrast, I finished Andor last night and it's easily the best Star Wars thing since the OT. If you haven't watched it forget about all the other shows and just watch that I'd say. It feels like an actual TV show, not some shoved out 'content' 'product' nothingness. 

Back to Mando...I always felt it was a bit average. I said it before but it got really shit as soon as it started shoving in all the characters from other shows, or farcical versions of what they once were...which brings me back to Boba Fett. Gah. I really hate what they did to him.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I think the mistake they made in this episode was actually having any Mando stuff in it at all. It's been beyond boring all of endless trials to get to the underground lake thing.

If they'd concentrated the whole episode in the middle section, or even taken that out into its own show, then they might have been onto something. Instead it was just ... really tedious.

I actually enjoyed the most recent episode, thought the first two were very slow. Bad Batch's second to last episode was good although both Crosshair-centric episodes have been good 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 07:58, Rolta said:

In contrast, I finished Andor last night and it's easily the best Star Wars thing since the OT. If you haven't watched it forget about all the other shows and just watch that I'd say. It feels like an actual TV show, not some shoved out 'content' 'product' nothingness.

This. Also it looks like a different team of writers and directors for Andor who actually know how to tell a good story with good characters.

Mandolorian should of finished at S2.

• Like 1

Just never got into the Madalorian. Just doesn't seem to fit for some reason.

Andor however is absolutely fantastic, and easily the best content Disney have released in the last few years.

• Like 4

Pretty sure that is it for me in regards to The Mandalorian. It's not interesting enough to waste time on. I'm already skipping anytime baby Yoda is in a scene and I have no interest in the main story whatever that is. 

I'm sure they might have explained it and I missed it but why were 15 people with rocket packs on their backs climbing a mountain instead of flying? This is not the way, surely?

Edited by sne

On 20/03/2023 at 13:47, pas5898 said:

Just never got into the Madalorian. Just doesn't seem to fit for some reason.

Andor however is absolutely fantastic, and easily the best content Disney have released in the last few years.

Andor is peachy.

Mandalorian is just bad.  Kind of like Airwolf or The A Team bad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sne said:

Pretty sure that is it for me in regards to The Mandalorian. It's not interesting enough to waste time on. I'm already skipping anytime baby Yoda is in a scene and I have no interest in the main story whatever that is. 

I'm sure they might have explained it and I missed it but why were 15 people with rocket packs on their backs climbing a mountain instead of flying? This is not the way, surely?

Yeah I'm done with it now. It just seems to have shifted tone away from what i really liked about it in the first place, which was basically a Saturday afternoon Western show in a Star Wars skin. I enjoyed it when it was that.

It's just bland now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah I'm done with it now. It just seems to have shifted tone away from what i really liked about it in the first place, which was basically a Saturday afternoon Western show in a Star Wars skin. I enjoyed it when it was that.

It's just bland now.

According to the internet it's moving towards revealing the new big bad in Thrawn but I don't really care at this point. Same with the Ahsoka Tano tie in and new show.

It's just content to fill out their streaming platform rather than worthwhile shows at this point. Andor was a whole different beast.

• Like 1

Better stuff this week from the Mandalorian, though still to hit the giddy heights of previous fare.  That said...

I've been grumbling about not getting Sabine Wren all season, then they go and give us a Zeb cameo!  Well played.  Still holding out for an appearance from the

deadliest combatant in the Star Wars Universe.

Onto Bad Batch...

Pour one out for Tech 

😭.  Thought we were due a significant death from the start of this season, from early on it seemed like Tech would be the most likely and that grew to an almost full-blown certainty by the time they introduced any notions of a possible romance.

Yeah, hang on a bit.  I'll cop to the A-Team being a bit shite but Airwolf don't deserve to catch that stray, even if only for that absolute whopper of a theme tune.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Daisy Ridley to Reprise Role as Rey in New ‘Star Wars’ Film

The “Star Wars” movie future just came into sharper focus: Daisy Ridley’s Rey will be the central focus of the first “Star Wars” feature film since 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker,” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced at Star Wars Celebration in London on Friday. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (“Ms. Marvel”) will direct from a script by Steven Knight (“Peaky Blinders”). The film follows the events of “Rise of Skywalker,” and will focus on Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/daisy-ridley-rey-star-wars-new-movie-1235572603/

Meh

• Like 1

Feel for all the actors from those last 3 films, they were handed flaming bags of dogshit by the studios and directors. Boyega in particular, possibly had potentially the most interesting story setup originally and it just got thrown in the bin (to say nothing of the whole Chinese release erasure shenanigans).

• Like 1

Which will be followed up by another film written and directed by someone else which makes no sense and undos everything the previous film did...

The only person I trust to make a good film less than Kennedy is Lucas, she should have been booted by now

• Like 1

Â