Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

• 2 weeks later...

Started on Visions season 2 yesterday, chiefly on the strength of one of the shorts being an Aardman (which, if you haven't seen it, has possibly the best cameo in the entire history of Star Wars, which as far as I am concerned is now strictly canon) - I would have otherwise given it a miss as the first season was hot garbage (with maybe one or two exceptions) but am pleased to report a considerable improvement and definitely worth a watch.

On 05/05/2023 at 14:30, GarethRDR said:

Started on Visions season 2 yesterday, chiefly on the strength of one of the shorts being an Aardman (which, if you haven't seen it, has possibly the best cameo in the entire history of Star Wars, which as far as I am concerned is now strictly canon) - I would have otherwise given it a miss as the first season was hot garbage (with maybe one or two exceptions) but am pleased to report a considerable improvement and definitely worth a watch.

I liked the samurai one in season one but other than that I can't even remember them

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well yeah.  Not sure how excited I'd have been about that trailer otherwise.

i watched about 4 episodes of it and i've read the thrawn books so know who he is, i dont know the two sith in that trailer though

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i watched about 4 episodes of it and i've read the thrawn books so know who he is, i dont know the two sith in that trailer though

Yeah I think he's new

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

feels like i need to watch rebels before that starts

Tie Fighter is by far my favourite game and I've read the Zahn books. So getting a dose of "reality" Thrawn in Aoshka will be the tipping-point for me going through those 4 seasons :D Hope it's worth it

• Like 1

On 09/07/2023 at 20:28, mikeyp102 said:

I know people loved it, but just finished Andor, thought it was a slow and boring 

You’re wrong. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 12:56, Tegis said:

Tie Fighter is by far my favourite game and I've read the Zahn books. So getting a dose of "reality" Thrawn in Ahsoka will be the tipping-point for me going through those 4 seasons :D Hope it's worth it

Yep, ready for some more Thrawn now. Rebels was actually alright if a bit on the "for kids" side. Loads of Zahn novel references.

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Ahsoka seems to have been well received based on the first 2 episodes.

Strange seeing Ray Stevenson in a prominent role, knowing he's dead.

I've seen one good review and about three terrible reviews suggesting it was soulless and empty of life. With Disney's track record I'm doubtful myself (I exclude Andor, which was great!—and about one season's worth of scattered episodes here and there in the Mandalorian)

Â