Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So is Ahsoka actually any good? I’ve already seen the two videos in the post above (well worth a watch) and generally people seem to be shitting all over it.

I really enjoyed Andor and largely enjoyed season 1 of the Mandalorian (season 2 was kinda dull imo). Is there anything else among the SW TV shows I should watch?

5 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

So is Ahsoka actually any good? I’ve already seen the two videos in the post above (well worth a watch) and generally people seem to be shitting all over it.

I really enjoyed Andor and largely enjoyed season 1 of the Mandalorian (season 2 was kinda dull imo). Is there anything else among the SW TV shows I should watch?

Nah it's standard Disney Star Wars content. Not pure garbage like Boba Fett but almost. Acting was wooden and terrible apart from 1 guy and the story is meh. And once getting impaled by a light saber only tickles a bit and i no biggie. It's as far away from Andor as Jar Jar Binks is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Nah it's standard Disney Star Wars content. Not pure garbage like Boba Fett but almost. Acting was wooden and terrible apart from 1 guy and the story is meh. And once getting impaled by a light saber only tickles a bit and i no biggie. It's as far away from Andor as Jar Jar Binks is.

i saw a clip of the lightsabers in space...**** me....

from everything i've seen its more off putting that i dont really know who ahsoka is let alone ezra and sabine and the show does nothing to establish them, its all assumed knowledge off the cartoons, i at least know who thrawn is from the books

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i saw a clip of the lightsabers in space...**** me....

from everything i've seen its more off putting that i dont really know who ahsoka is let alone ezra and sabine and the show does nothing to establish them, its all assumed knowledge off the cartoons, i at least know who thrawn is from the books

I’ve actually never seen or read anything with Thrawn in it, but I know loads of people think he’s super cool.

I was a bit disappointed to see clips of him looking like a fat blue version of Data from TNG. Is that what he’s meant to be like?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I’ve actually never seen or read anything with Thrawn in it, but I know loads of people think he’s super cool.

I was a bit disappointed to see clips of him looking like a fat blue version of Data from TNG. Is that what he’s meant to be like?

Yeah pretty much, he's like meticulous and cold, super intelligent but I doubt that comes across well as a personality, he's a master strategist

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah pretty much, he's like meticulous and cold, super intelligent but I doubt that comes across well as a personality, he's a master strategist

I guess I was talking more about the dad bod. I’ve seen him on a few book covers and he’s always looked absolutely stacked, so it was a bit surprising to see him look tubby.

It’d be kinda interesting if he wasn’t at all physically strong, so if it’s intentional then I suppose it is kinda cool.

• 2 months later...

Star Wars nerd here. Big fan of the original trilogy, not so much the new stuff (except Rouge One, Andor, bits of Mandolorian).

So I've "acquired" the 4k77 version of A New Hope and oh my its something to behold. The original theatrical release from 1977 without any special edition nonsense, no extra CGI, no extra Jabba the Hutt scene, exactly how it looked back in 1977, cleaned up from an original 35mm print. These guys have spent a lot of time and money on this labour of love and I have to give them some major kudos.

If you want to read up on all the work that's gone into making this possible have a look at https://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/project-4k77/

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Star Wars nerd here. Big fan of the original trilogy, not so much the new stuff (except Rouge One, Andor, bits of Mandolorian).

So I've "acquired" the 4k77 version of A New Hope and oh my its something to behold. The original theatrical release from 1977 without any special edition nonsense, no extra CGI, no extra Jabba the Hutt scene, exactly how it looked back in 1977, cleaned up from an original 35mm print. These guys have spent a lot of time and money on this labour of love and I have to give them some major kudos.

If you want to read up on all the work that's gone into making this possible have a look at https://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/project-4k77/

Project 4K80 is the last one still in the works. All prints they have of ESB have errors so that one has taken time. 4K83 ROTJ is more or less perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Â