Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Firefly, is not even Joss Whedon's best show. But seriously Lexx? I'm not sure if you're joking or not?

Definitely not joking

yDWoPvJ.gif

27 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I'd be amazed if they didn't do a Boba Fett film, or at least one where he features heavily. 

Not really sure what the fascination with Boba is really, he's kinda cool, but then all the bounty hunters were. Plus he's already had a bunch of back story on the  big screen. Is there really good source material for him in the extended universe or something? 

For me they absolutely must do an origin and/or 'adventures of' story for either Obi Wan or Yoda. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ginko said:

So now they've cast a young Han Solo, who do we want as a young (say 20-something?) Boba Fett?

I hope they disregard the fact that he's a clone so he has to look like the Kiwi dude who played Jango and the clone troopers Episodes II and III.

He's wearing a bucket on his head for 90% of the movie, so it probably doesn't matter ;)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's wearing a bucket on his head for 90% of the movie, so it probably doesn't matter ;)

To be fair, the lad who played the young Boba Fett was born in 1987 so by the time it came around to being made, he could realistically play him :wacko:

2 hours ago, hogso said:

yDWoPvJ.gif

Lexx was odd.

Recall it looking like budgets were decreasing as the show went along.

Randomly saw one of the later ones.

The FX were awful and sparse, but some cunning swine had worked out how to make it watchable on the cheap.

They'd sexed it right up :)

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm in agreement, never seen the fascination with boba fett. Is a clone, rebels, becomes bounty hunter yawn.

Yoda, Lando and Obi Wan would have better back stories for me..

Yoda for me, all day long. 

Would be brilliant in the right hands. 

• Like 1

Boba has a cool costume and, particularly in the original trilogy, is pretty mysterious. He's an easy choice to expand on, because he's basically a blank slate that everyone already knows on sight.

Lando isn't as iconic, Yoda isn't as cool, and Obi Wan has 3 movies of (bad) back story already and a middle chapter it's heavily implied is largely spent being a hermit in hiding.

4 hours ago, hogso said:

For me they absolutely must do an origin and/or 'adventures of' story for either Obi Wan or Yoda. 

Wouldn't that by default have to include Qui - Gon his teacher - who was a shite character. 

I feel they've played off the mystery behind Yoda's past and it's part of his popularity. I like to think I know a fair bit about Star Wars and the SW universe after reading a number of the EU books, but I couldn't tell you what the name for his race is nor tell you which planet he's from. I doubt it's in the Degobah system since if it were it'd be the worst choice to go to to hide from the Empire.

I think a young Boba Fett story has a lot of scope for all kinds of twists and turns and could make the character even more popular.

Lando is a dead cert for the Han Solo film I reckon, or at least one of them should they decide to make more. They'd have to include Han winning the Falcon from him (probably by cheating somehow, the cheeky rogue).

I feel they've played off the mystery behind Yoda's past and it's part of his popularity. I like to think I know a fair bit about Star Wars and the SW universe after reading a number of the EU books, but I couldn't tell you what the name for his race is nor tell you which planet he's from. I doubt it's in the Degobah system since if it were it'd be the worst choice to go to to hide from the Empire

What unlike sending Luke to Tatooine to live with Beru and Lars?

True, good point, but I don't believe his race or homeworld have ever been made canon and I'd like to think Disney's new board of Star Wars canon would agree with me  ;)

Edited by Ginko

• 3 weeks later...
Â