Finals

limpid

germany started off and looked the more confident but argentina will be kicking themselves after all those chances they missed. in 90 mins i think argentina edged it but i was really impressed with the germans in extra time, you just saw it coming didnt you. gutted they won as i cant stand the smug bastards but they have a really good team and to go over to SA and win it was a huge achievement. they were without doubt the best team of the tournament, schweisteinger was MOM for me. as for messi he played well but the debate will continue with him.

• Like 1

And this was without players like Reus, Gudogan, Badstuber, Lars Bender, Sven Bender. They'll win the Euros in 2016 and the world cup in 2018.

There are fine margins when it comes to winning tournaments so while I wouldn't be surprised if they won them, it's far from certain.

So happy Germany won, the best team over the tournament. Would've hated Argentina to cheat their way through the final to a win too, horrible thuggish team.

Schweinsteiger was my motm, great performance. Absolutely brilliant goal by Götze too!

No idea how Messi won the golden ball, Rodriguez every day of the week for me. It has been my favourite World Cup even though the knockouts did dip a bit from the excitement of the group stages.

The tournament was a bit of a let down in the end after such a brilliant group phase. When the exciting, emerging teams got knocked out it was left down to the teams full of experienced Champions League players who are too experienced to let games get wide open. The Argies shouldn't really have been in the final, it was just hard work from the likes of Mascherano, Garay and Zabaleta and the occasional flash of brilliance from Messi. Germany were deserved winners, though were very lucky with Neuer pole-axing Higuain. That would have made a huge difference. Now they've got over the line in a tournament they will go from strength to strength and start to dominate.

though were very lucky with Neuer pole-axing Higuain. That would have made a huge difference.

As clean as they come

860200931.gif

In MMA

Edited by Tegis

Question about Gotze.

Obviously a great goal last night.

He will get all the plaudits now and rightly so but they way they talk about him as boy wonder, miracle boy. I'm not sure it sits right with me.

I thought he looked quality at Dortmund in a team and system that really seemed to be suited to him. But I've seen him play maybe 15 times for Munich and Germany in the last year and always been a bit underwhelmed. Seems to always do the simple thing and never really threaten or impose himself on games.

Boy wonder seems like a massive massive over statement to me.  Am I missing something?

Question about Gotze.

He will get all the plaudits now and rightly so but they way they talk about him as boy wonder, miracle boy. I'm not sure it sits right with me.

I thought he looked quality at Dortmund in a team and system that really seemed to be suited to him. But I've seen him play maybe 15 times for Munich and Germany in the last year and always been a bit underwhelmed. Seems to always do the simple thing and never really threaten or impose himself on games.

Boy wonder seems like a massive massive over statement to me. Am I missing something?

He'd be considered the best young German player along with draxler, don't overanalyse.

Team of the tournament?

Neuer

Garay Hummels Vlaar

Lahm                                        Blind

Schweinsteiger Mascherano

Rodriguez

Mueller                   Messi

Question about Gotze.

Boy wonder seems like a massive massive over statement to me. Am I missing something?

It's been a while since I've heard anyone refer to Gotze in such glowing terms. But he's what, 22? Just scored a peach of a goal to win the world cup, maybe one of the best final goals of all time, in the 22nd minute of extra time. Pretty "wonderful" I'd say.

Team of the tournament?

Neuer

Garay Hummels Vlaar

Lahm                                        Blind

Schweinsteiger Mascherano

Rodriguez

Mueller                   Messi

Robben over Messi

• Like 1

Regarding the Neuer challenge, i don't think it was a penalty or a red card. Well within his rights to go for that. Not sure how the referee gave a free kick to Germany though! Should have been a throw in