Muller

Pogba

Ochoa

Boateng

Hummels

Mascherano

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 3

i'm probably on a paranoia trip but adidas sponsor the tourno and messi is their man so....

It's not as if Adidas is a German company, all of whose players are wearing Adidas shirts and many of whom wear Adidas boots

aggree but none of them are global superstars and messi is,he's their number 1.

Edited by krisagg75

Will be interesting to see what Messi is like come the next world cup at 31, surely he won't have the same pace or explosiveness. He couldn't play his best football when it mattered most to his country. 

However I thought Mascherano was absolutely top class tonight, quality player.

• Like 1

i'm probably on a paranoia trip but adidas sponsor the tourno and messi is their man so....

It's not as if Adidas is a German company, all of whose players are wearing Adidas shirts and many of whom wear Adidas boots

That's exactly the reason why he won it. He's their star asset.  It's a pisstake.

I'm just glad the best team in the tournament won. Germany were excellent when it came to the crunch games... plus beating France, Brazil and Argentina proves their quality

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see what Messi is like come the next world cup at 31, surely he won't have the same pace or explosiveness. He couldn't play his best football when it mattered most to his country. 

However I thought Mascherano was absolutely top class tonight, quality player.

He was knackered for this one, I think he may start to drop deeper and perhaps play the Xavi or Iniesta role for Barca over the next couple of years.

People off the top of my head who had better tournaments than Messi-

Neuer

Rodriquez

Vlaar

Robben

Navas 

Lahm

Muller

Pogba

Ochoa

Boateng

Hummels

Mascherano

Would agree with everyone of them. Would also add Schweinsteiger and Garay to that list.

I'm just glad the best team in the tournament won. Germany were excellent when it came to the crunch games... plus beating France, Brazil and Argentina proves their quality

And that a quality goal sealed it instead of pens. Puts a golden exclamation-mark on a overall fantastic WC

Neuer

Rodriquez

Vlaar

Robben

Navas 

Lahm

Muller

Pogba

Ochoa

Boateng

Hummels

Mascherano

Would agree with everyone of them. Would also add Schweinsteiger and Garay to that list.

Garay's a great shout.  He's been phenomenal.  Disappointed he signed for Zenit rather than a big team.

And that a quality goal sealed it instead of pens. Puts a golden exclamation-mark on a overall fantastic WC

Exactly. A fitting end to a glorious World Cup

Glad it never went to penalties as I'm still uncomfortable that big games can be decided this way but appreciate there is no other option, 

Neuer

Rodriquez

Vlaar

Robben

Navas 

Lahm

Muller

Pogba

Ochoa

Boateng

Hummels

Mascherano

De Vrij has been good as well 

He has but I don't think hes been better then Messi. Perhaps similar level.