Finals

limpid

Germany really did have to beat some top teams to win the world cup. Brazil,  Argentina, France, Portugal. 4 heavyweights of the game. Plus Algeria and USA were decent teams, much better then we thought.

Edited by Voinjama

Europe have now won 5 of the last 7 finals.  The previous 7, South America won 4, and in the first 6 South America won 3 and Europe won 3.

Is football even less of a global game at the top level now- even with a 32 team finals? Only 1 team from Asia have got to the semi finals, and none for Africa.

With better pitches, transport and preparation time the location of the finals must mean less if 2010 and 2014 are anything to go by. If a south americian side cannot win it at a home tournament, when can they?

Edited by The Fun Factory

.....now what are we meant to do???????

DHUTWU
I've seen this said a few times...what is it??
Did he understand the whistling unicorn

Ahh of course. Thanks for clearing that one up makes sense now...

Thoroughly enjoyable final from start to finish. Germany were the better side on the day, and throughout the tournament. Deserving winners. Argentina's missed chances will haunt them forever, but full credit to them, they were a much better defensive team than I expected to see. Who'd have thought it would be their attack to let them down?

Superb goal from Schurlle and Goetze. One for the ages. Congrats to Germany.

One month flies by, doesn't it?

:(

7/10 out of 10 world cup for me, way better than 2010 (not that hard) buy probably on a par with 2006 tbh.

The group stages were brilliant, loads of goals, exciting matches, shocks, everything you wanted. My fear was the trend of recent WCs would follow, great group stages followed by mundane knock outs which is where you really define a world cup.

There were some exciting games although too many finished 0-0 and only caught fire in extra time. No classic 4-3 or 3-2 or great comebacks which was disappointing to me as there were potentially some great match ups.