Joe Cole

TrentVilla

That Allardyce has put together a decent squad and has no need for a player like Joe Cole.

Were we not flavour of the month before we hit the top 6 brick wall? Don't be fooled by West Ham's decent start that they are suddenly a team that will be competing well above us come the end of the season because they aren't. Look at the run of games they've had, easily enough to build confidence, If they ran into the run of fixtures that we have I doubt they'd be doing so well.

I will say however that they are playing better football.

No offence, but so what? One player can not have a role for one team, but still be useful in another. Anyway, West Ham are miles ahead of us in every respect right now.

I just think its an indication of the club right now. That a team like west ham had no interest in keeping a player that we're hoping can be our creative player.

I think Joe Cole could play a part in times but it shows how we're rapidly falling behind teams we considered below us not so long ago.

That Allardyce has put together a decent squad and has no need for a player like Joe Cole.

Were we not flavour of the month before we hit the top 6 brick wall? Don't be fooled by West Ham's decent start that they are suddenly a team that will be competing well above us come the end of the season because they aren't. Look at the run of games they've had, easily enough to build confidence, If they ran into the run of fixtures that we have I doubt they'd be doing so well.

West Ham have played spuds, southampton, citeh, plop and manure. They may not have played them all at the same time but they haven't had more easy games than we have.

Edited by Woodytom

West Ham have played spuds, southampton, citeh, plop and manure. They may not have played them all at the same time but they haven't had more easy games than we have.

Didn't say their games were easier. My point was that if you have to play the best teams back to back your confidence can be crushed quickly. If you play them sporadically like West Ham have then there is time to recover. I'm also not sure that the teams you've mentioned even compare to playing Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City followed by Everton do they?

Edited by sexbelowsound

I don't think it was lack of confidence that led to us losing the last 4 games.

No, Not entirely, but it is definitely a massive part of it. Losing those 3 goals quickly against Arsenal was a massive shock to the team having being very solid defensively prior to that.

Think we may be going off topic though i've just realised we are still in the Joe Cole thread!

For me, there is a definite lack of confidence but I don't think the run of fixtures is anything to do with it. For sure, the games have been hard, but it is upto the team to put in a performance, regardless of the opposition. You can lose, and still gain confidence.

We have come out of the games with the thought that actually, we have zero chance of scoring/keeping clean sheets. These games were always going to starve us of points, but they have also wiped away any belief that we can actually compete at this level. And that is simply to do with the way we have approached them.

No offence, but so what? One player can not have a role for one team, but still be useful in another. Anyway, West Ham are miles ahead of us in every respect right now.

I just think its an indication of the club right now. That a team like west ham had no interest in keeping a player that we're hoping can be our creative player.

I think Joe Cole could play a part in times but it shows how we're rapidly falling behind teams we considered below us not so long ago.

With all due respect Sam has been given a phenomenal budget this season, when you have the resources to bring in a player like Alex Song then yes, I can understand why Joe Cole was let go.They have easily spent over £30m and wages for the likes of Song must be up in the £70k plus.

You cannot compare what they are doing with what we are.

Until Lambert get's that backing, Joe Cole will have to do. It isn't ideal, but I still think he can be a good option and a good player for us,

• Like 3

and they have lost 3 of them games ;)

Switch to a diamond, play Cole "in the hole" with Benteke and Gabby up top, Sanchez in as the defensive midfielder and Cleverley/Westwood in the middle.  After 60 mins when Joe's legs go a bit, replace with Weimann/Grealish.

• Like 2

Â