Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Again that's not the point is it.

You won't be hurt from spitting.

You won't be physically hurt from racism.

But a shoulder barge might accidentally break someone's arm, or back, or neck or whatever. 

Do you punish someone who does an innocuous shoulder barge more than someone who calls a black player a "n*gger" just because the recipient is  hurt more in one case than another.

It's not always about how much something hurts.

Plus, a bite COULD hurt. A lot. You could bit somebody's finger off, or remove flesh. Yeah it would be an extreme situation but it's entirely possible (Tyson...)

Just because Suarez' bite didn't result in serious injury doesn't mean it's suddenly excusable.

As others have implied, I think Suarez needs psychological help. This repeat offending is not the behaviour of a sane person. I think he needs to be put in a straight jacket and we should let the men in white coats deal with him.

Luis Suarez Bite - 'These Things Happen On The Pitch, No Need To Make A Story Out Of It'

Uruguay forward Luis Suarez says there is "no need to make a story" out of the incident which he appeared to bite Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini on the shoulder during his side's 1-0 victory at the 2014 Fifa World Cup . Suarez says he ran into his opponent and admits it made him "a little bit crazy." Pictures courtesy of ESPN Brazil.

link

I think he's going to need a better excuse than that :lol:

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

you go out into the sporting field expecting that you might be subject to flying tackles and perhaps misplaced elbows but being bitten is something you don't expect, it's a violation and something that I imagine could mentally traumatize you as well as physically. Players shouldn't have to face him wondering that they might get bitten, something needs to be done.

you go out into the sporting field expecting that you might be subject to flying tackles and perhaps misplaced elbows but being bitten is something you don't expect, it's a violation and something that I imagine could mentally traumatize you as well as physically. Players shouldn't have to face him wondering that they might get bitten, something needs to be done.

I doubt whether the Italian player is traumatised but I understand your view but a player can get away with deliberately hurting somebody with a flying tackle because tackling is part of the game and theres no way of proving he was intentionally trying to hurt the other player...

Obviously biting cannot be tolerated but he does need pyscological help... I have never seen Suarez deliberately try to hurt another opponent through a tackle but he's obviously easily wound up and the Italians played on that, whilst the English players didn't because they are more honest footballers.

Either way he's one of the best players in the world and when he leaves the prem it will be a sad day.

I'll be glad to see the back of him. He's a great player but I won't miss him one bit.

I'll miss him.

All the controversy is entertaining.

Doesn't mean he can get away with it though. And doesn't change the fact that he's clearly a total word removed of a prick.

• Like 2

not sure why so many people are convinced thats him leaving

liverpool have shown already that they will stand by him, especially the fans, as i type le tissier is on SSN saying liverpool wont want him, whats that based on? because its not based on history thats for sure

also seen on SSN a liverpool fan saying that he's done it on purpose to engineer a move, i actually think the opposite, cant see barca or madrid (moral bastions that they are...) touching him, seen the marca and as headlines, both of them have barca with a "?" in them, dont know what they say but i imagine it along the lines of "do barca really want to sign this word removed?"

I don't love him or hate him or whatever just think he has to stop biting people. He's a great player but would make no difference to me if he left the Premier league He'd just play in another league where in this day and age I'd still be able to watch him as much as I do now if that was my wish.

http://www.themediablog.co.uk/the-media-blog/2014/06/so-thats-clear-then-luis-suarez-danny-mills.html

BBC football pundit Danny Mills discussing Newcastle manager Alan Pardew headbutting a player, March 2014:

"People keep saying 'if this happened in the street he'd be arrested, he'd be locked up.' Football is not played in the street and it is different, as are most sports. We've got to be realistic, this is a sporting venue and things happen inside grounds that do not happen out on the street. They're not bound by the same rules. Whether you like it or not, that's life."

BBC football pundit Danny Mills discussing Uruguay striker Luis Suarez biting a player, June 2014:

"They have got to throw him in jail and lock him up forever."

• Like 2