Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

Either way he's one of the best players in the world and when he leaves the prem it will be a sad day.

I kinda agree, but when his ability as a footballer is used as a defense it pisses me off.  Liverpool basically sacked Charles Itandje for this:

He was immediately suspended and quietly let go after that (didn't stop him playing in the 2014 world cup though...) because he was their reserve goalkeeper.  Had it been a first teamer, or a star player then they would have been a lot more lenient.  Same as all this biting, Suarez served a ban earlier this season for biting. He still has an active ban in the Eredivisie for biting. This is the third time in three and a half years but people will queue up to make excuses for him because he is such a good player and is worth a lot of money.   He should be banned from all forms of football this time and if that hurts his employer then so be it. The people who hand out punishments should not be allowed to be influenced by the interests of a players employer.  

In fact, only a couple of days later, Carragher was chewing gum and spitting during a minute's silence for Hillsbrough, which I'd argue is as bad as nudging someone and grinning, and nothing was said.

• Like 2

Could rise up to a lofty 26th depending on results over the next day or so. Worse world cup ever for England - you bet.

1994 wasn't great...

Well it can't of been a bad world cup for England if they weren't even there. ;)  I think  2002 was pretty good though. ;)

• Like 1

Could rise up to a lofty 26th depending on results over the next day or so. Worse world cup ever for England - you bet.

1994 wasn't great...

Well it can't of been a bad world cup for England if they weren't even there. ;)  I think  2002 was pretty good though. ;)

Exactly, at least they got there this time ;) But as for actual performances at the World Cup, I agree, this has to be he worst.