eng.png ENG England

ita.png ITA Italy

URU vs CRC Sat 14 June 20:00 ITV

ENG vs ITA Sat 14 June 23:00 BBC ONE

URU vs ENG Thu 19 June 20:00 ITV

ITA vs CRC Fri 20 June 17:00 BBC ONE

CRC vs ENG Tue 24 June 17:00 ITV

ITA vs URU Tue 24 June 17:00 ITV

Immobile has a hattrick and two assists for Italy in their final warm-up game after 60 minutes. Be hard to not to start him after tonight's performance.

I'm in an awkward position. For me, Costa Rica are the most likeable team in that group so I want them to do well. On the other hand, I drew them in a sweepstake and we have a worst loser rule where I could win my entry money back if Costa Rica are mathematically the worst team so I kind of want them to get smashed too.

I'm in an awkward position. For me, Costa Rica are the most likeable team in that group so I want them to do well. On the other hand, I drew them in a sweepstake and we have a worst loser rule where I could win my entry money back if Costa Rica are mathematically the worst team so I kind of want them to get smashed too.

When you look at all the groups, it's likely that Cost Rica will end up as the worst. I hope they don't though.

I think Australia will be the worst team in the whole world cup this time. As for Costa Rica, they are better than Mexico, but if Mexico were in the group, people would be more worried.

• Like 1

Worth noting Italy always have a poor result in the group stages..

2010 they drew 1-1 with New Zealand.

2006 they drew 1-1 with U.S.A

2002 they lost 2-1 to Croatia

1998...2-2 with Chile.

1994- lost 1-0 to Ireland.

They stil; qualified from every group apart from 2010 but I dunno is it that out of the question they'd draw with Costa Rica?

If a draw with Chile and USA is a poor result then every country has a poor result in the group stage.

To be fair it might have to do with what year. That 2006 US team, despite its ranking, was pretty poor.

I have to say the hotel the England player's are staying in is very modest. I thought with all the money the FA had, they'd stay in somewhere a bit more upmarket. Great view though, if you ignore the favelas.

I am rooting for you England, but I think it's a coin toss who takes that 2nd place spot. I could see Suarez tearing apart England or I could see him being largely ineffective because of all the Liverpool players in the squad.

Just don't underestimate costa rica. They have nothing to lose which is always scary to go against.

Never liked Italy, too many pundits here almost always seem to support them even more than if Sweden is in. Don't like Suarez.

So hope for England and Costa Rica in this group.