Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

He should be banned but I think he also needs help. It's not like he a Joey Barton or Bowyer type thug beating people up in clubs.

I think it's just a function that is instinctual to him. I mean, just look at those chompers, they're huge. They must serve some purpose additional to just chewing food and forming words. Clearly he was meant to use his massive teeth to bite opposing football players. Hard to condemn him. It's like asking a dog not to lick his own balls.

• Like 3

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28010944

A heated exchange with Tabarez in his news conference ended with him claiming this was nothing more than a conspiracy against Suarez led by the British media. One Uruguayan journalist actually stood up and applauded Tabarez's answer. The message from the players was no different. Uruguay captain Diego Lugano said: "You couldn't have seen it because nothing happened. The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. As a man, he disappointed me totally."

Yeah, nice one Lugano. 

I couldn't stop laughing when he did it, mostly from the shock that he would actually go and do it again on the biggest stage of all. This will be talked about for years to come, much like the 'hand of god' goal or Zidane's head butt. Conversations 30 years from now will go something along the lines of: "Do you remember the twenty fourteen world cup?" "Yeah, wasn't that the one where Suarez bit a player?"

I couldn't stop laughing when he did it, mostly from the shock that he would actually go and do it again on the biggest stage of all. This will be talked about for years to come, much like the 'hand of god' goal or Zidane's head butt. Conversations 30 years from now will go something along the lines of: "Do you remember the twenty fourteen world cup?" "Yeah, wasn't that the one where Suarez bit a player?"

Yep, I said the same thing to my wife in relating it to Zidane's headbutt. It's a complete and total brain explosion.

Do it in a Liverpool game and miss 8 games. Do it in a World Cup game and you might never play another one. It's just stunningly moronic. It's incredibly selfish as well, as Uruguay need him to have any chance of getting through.

Already seen and heard Liverpool fans defending him, one even went as far as to have a pop at anyone talking about it on FB when there are so many people using foodbanks and they aren't talking about that. (I'm inclear if he was suggesting they should eat people instead)

It's the 3rd time this piece of vermin has bitten someone on the field of play and something needs to be done about it. In the circumstances I personally think something like a 6 month ban from all football would be entirely justified.

The reaction of Uruguay is exactly what you would expect and quite typical of South American sides in my view. They seem to have a very different view on what is acceptable on the pitch.

One thing that did make me laugh was on Radio 5 this morning they were talking about Suarez going through the media area after the game and how you could see on his face he knew he was in trouble. Only the described the corridor of media that they pass through as a 'rat run'!!! Brilliant.

• Like 2

What do you expect them to do, criticise their best player in public?

Nope, but I think they could perhaps draw the line at criticising his victims...

• Like 2

Nope, but I think they could perhaps draw the line at criticising his victims...

They took lessons in disaster management from King 'I'm not racist but' Kenny

How long did cantona get for his flying kick? On several occasions he was also known to stamp on people. Several other players from past and present could be underlined, I think the fact that he plays for one of the most hated clubs in the country, plus he's not liked full stop for diving,apparant racism slur,that alone people will want him banned for a stupid amount of time. There are other players that are worse but won't get half the slack suarez will.

A female journalist described Rooney over the weekend as 'a baboon.' I know the world is very different for girls, but even so, if someone, anyone had said to me that a 'baboon' was playing for England, I would immediately think that they were being racist. But as we all know, white men cannot be the victim of sexism or racism.

So, forgive me then, when I say that Uruguay and FIFA, and Liverpool MUST give as long a ban as possible to the toothy, hyperactive-grinning celebrating, piss-anting chimpanzee. He is nothing more than a chimp in a football kit.

All this rubbish about a media witch hunt on Suarez... Come on... he didn't actually say something racist to a United player of significant ethnic shade? He didn't actually bite not one, not two, but THREE other players? He didn't handle the ball on the line in the World Cup 2010 to deny a goal - in game that Uruguay subsequently beat Ghana on penalties? Witch hunt or not, the guy is a serial idiot. A chimp.

Edited by Raver50032

I suppose so, but sometimes you have to be unequivocal in order to be fully convincing.