Group D: URU CRC ENG ITA

limpid

He fractured Ugo's eye socket.  He also kicked Neil Lennon in the face and threatened to retire from international football if the FA punished him.   That said, just because you are a hypocrite doesn't mean that you are wrong. 

• Like 1

He fractured Ugo's eye socket.  He also kicked Neil Lennon in the face and threatened to retire from international football if the FA punished him.   That said, just because you are a hypocrite doesn't mean that you are wrong. 

Yes I agree not wrong bit like Ian Brady giving an opinion on the crimes of Fred West. Myra Hindley on Rosmary West....

I think we need to turn ownership of Suarez into a liability rather than an asset - despite his disgusting antics, diving, biting, racial abuse - he is still a player many clubs would clamour for. An 18 game domestic ban + Hefty club fine would I think be in order - it might make liverpool think is it all really worth it ? - and if Liverpool start producing training tops basically condoning his behaviour they should be fined further.

Yes - you could argue this is nothing to do with Liverpool FC - But they are hosting club who pay his wages. I remember a similar debate in the 70's + 80's that clubs couldn't be held accountable for the behaviour of there fans - the clubs soon got there act together when heavy fine started landing on clubs doorsteps.

I believe Suarez will get off the hook this time - with only an international ban - however unless a club\manager get a grip of him, he is clearly a ticking time bomb who I believe could do something that dwarfs his antics to date   

• Like 2

Anyone else waiting up for the Suarez decision?

Me, I don't want him to play against Colombia ! One of the most reasons which let me start loving and watching Villa is Juan Pablo Angel, I used to like Colombia national team since the beginning years of this century. 

I think Colombia will beat Uruguay regardless of what Suarez does, they look like an excellent team. They don't even seem to be missing Falcao at the moment!

I believe Suarez will get off the hook this time - with only an international ban - however unless a club\manager get a grip of him, he is clearly a ticking time bomb who I believe could do something that dwarfs his antics to date   

He did the offence when effectively on loan from his club to FIFA for an international tournament. His punishment will and should only be related to Internationals and he doesn't "get off the hook" if he gets a 12-15 game international ban and is thrown out of the world cup. 

Anyone else waiting up for the Suarez decision?

Me, I don't want him to play against Colombia ! One of the most reasons which let me start loving and watching Villa is Juan Pablo Angel, I used to like Colombia national team since the beginning years of this century. 

I want Colombia to win too, it's my favourite country in the world, genuinely nice people and a beautiful country. They've had so much trouble over the years and yet the people retain their openness and kindness. 

Thought the Football Ramble that came out yesterday was a really good listen regarding the England team and comparing them to lesser teams that do more like Colombia and Chile etc, even if it was a bit ranty.

"the culture of the individual is an enemy of football"

• Like 1

Somebody needs the balls to do what other countries do. 

Look at France, they left out Nasri because they thought he'd not help the camp. I was listening to a French Journalist who said the camp were also quietly happy when Ribery was out injured too. You need unity and to achieve that England should cull Gerrard & Rooney from the squad, build a culture where players can feel good performances can mean they play. Rooney & Gerrard were undroppable and the idea that they were has an effect on the rest of the squad. 

Also an outspoken manager who will be the focus of a story and deflect it away from players is also useful, make the team feel like it's a siege mentality. I don't think there is a footballing nation that has come close to the level of underachievement that England have had. 

I think the Uruguayan behavior has been rotten over this situation. its clear it happened and their denial is pretty poor from all parties especially Lugano and his photoshop remarks :D

Look at France, they left out Nasri because they thought he'd not help the camp. I was listening to a French Journalist who said the camp were also quietly happy when Ribery was out injured too. You need unity and to achieve that England should cull Gerrard & Rooney from the squad, build a culture where players can feel good performances can mean they play. Rooney & Gerrard were undroppable and the idea that they were has an effect on the rest of the squad. 

I agree, have said for months that Enlgand would have done better in Brazil without them two. Gerrard in the quarterback role is a failed experiment even last year it didn't really actually work. Was only so much running Henderson would be able to do for him against better teams

more and more is starting to be said about the body language and whether or not the players actually enjoy playing for england

I don't think there is a footballing nation that has come close to the level of underachievement that England have had.

agree, but at the same time i dont think there is a football nation that has the same level of self entitlement either... how many times has "the prem is the best league in the world" been wheeled out since england got knocked out? for one people will argue its the best league in the world because the teams in the bottom half, who at a quick guess foster is the only representative, can beat the teams in the top half, which has no bearing on the national team other than maybe suggest that those at the top arent really that good anyway, also the prem attracts the best players, those would be the best foreign players, which again has no bearing on the national team apart from a arguably negative one

looking at the prem and prem teams doing well doesn't resonate to the national team but the media and far too many fans think that it does

the sun today - 

the probability of being bitten while playing football against Luis Suarez is 1 in 2,047, while the probability of being bitten by a shark while swimming in the sea is 1 in 3.7m, making a Suarez attack around 1,800 times more likely than a shark attack

:lol:

also gerrard, the "one that got away"

aG9mPA7_460sa_v1.gif

• Like 4

I don't think England are underachievers. Obviously we were this tournament, but in general we're not.

"Why England Lose..." tackles this and comes to the conclusion that, for a country of our size, population etc, England achieve more or less what you would expect them to.

I think the frustration is that we never really overachieve, even for a short period. The 90's was as good as it gets since '66, and that was a couple of semi finals