Roy Keane

TrentVilla

On the one hand I'm disappointed as the dreamer in me still hoped for the takeover announcement with the high profile manager. On the other hand when I go back to the realistic opinion of there being no takeover this year I then think appointing Keane is probably not the worst news in the world and is about as good as we can expect.

I also think Senderos is a massive improvement on Baker and Clark.

I just wonder whose doing the hiring....Roy Keane would appear to be a replacement in waiting should lambert continue to flounder..

.the part time element worries me more than Keane himself...

On the one hand I'm disappointed as the dreamer in me still hoped for the takeover announcement with the high profile manager. On the other hand when I go back to the realistic opinion of there being no takeover this year I then think appointing Keane is probably not the worst news in the world and is about as good as we can expect.

Senderos is poor beyond belief and no improvement on either Baker or Clark.

Senderos is poor beyond belief and no improvement on either Baker or Clark.

I agree with the first part of your sentence.

I'd be happy enough with Keane as assistant, Villa has lacked a figure like him for too long.  He is a winner and it could be great for our younger players to learn from him.  Although like everything with Keane it could all implode.  Senderos is a strange one and I'm struggling to be positive about it.  Gonna be an interesting few days it seems.

Crikey! The last thing we need on the training pitch is an inspirational leader who captained Manchester United to Premier League domination...

;)

Plus he is only going to be a number two. Since when has anybody ever cared who a number two is? I think fans are more disappointed because this is the only news we have.

If it's Keane it's almost definitely a temporary measure, but I'd have liked to see us get someone who can actually coach in. I wouldn't rule Keane out of having a positive effect on the mentality of players though. The guy is a winner through and through, and if even part of that mentality brushes off it could prove to be very useful. Assuming he doesn't murder them all first

Why would Keane rule himself out of the running to manage Celtic so he can be an Assistant at VIlla?

At a guess I would say because the Celtic job means giving up the Ireland job but Villa seem happy to let him do both 

Â