Roy Keane

TrentVilla

So despite Lambert automatically going for MON's assistant, we still aren't allowed to draw comparisons between them right?

What do you mean, "automatically"?

The comparisons still aren't very good. The two are different in quite a lot of ways.

It's funny how you always say this but always fail to respond when asked to outline these differences.

I doubt Lambert would have looked to bring in a potential threat to his job if it was his decision to make so that might have reduced the list of candidates as would have our current limbo status.

But if Keane is willing to come in as a number 2 then it is worth a look for me. He knows the game, he is a winner, his name may tempt players to join us and he might well offer something next season that Lambo needs as do the players we will have available to us.

I had previously been thinking whether the likes of Lampard, Paul Scholes, Ferdinand, Brian McDermott, Ray Wilkins, Phil Neville, Mike Phelan, Steve Round, David Platt or Dean Saunders for example might have been tempted to come in as our number 2. I had thought having turned down Celtic Keane would not want to move to us but we do possibly tick some boxes for him and we could do a lot worse as some of the names I have mentioned suggest.   :)  

So despite Lambert automatically going for MON's assistant, we still aren't allowed to draw comparisons between them right?

What do you mean, "automatically"?

The comparisons still aren't very good. The two are different in quite a lot of ways.

It's funny how you always say this but always fail to respond when asked to outline these differences.

Clearly you haven't been reading my posts properly because I've done this a number of times in the past.

- Lambert is the exact opposite of O'Neill in transfer policy. He goes abroad and to the lower leagues whereas O'Neill bought almost exclusively from the Premier League

- Lambert rotates and tinkers quite a lot, O'Neill did not

- Lambert at times has shown himself to be quite tactically astute (although he can also be tactically dreadful)

- O'Neill bought experience, Lambert goes for youth

- Lambert makes more substitions

Other than the fact that they wear glasses, have a close personal relationship and both have links to Celtic I can't see that many similarities. It's a lazy comparison.

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

That's a bit like going into a shop to buy a kebab, realising you only have enough money for chips....then saying 'sod it, I'll have a lump of dogshit instead'.....

• Like 3

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

That's a bit like going into a shop to buy a kebab, realising you only have enough money for chips....then saying 'sod it, I'll have a lump of dogshit instead'.....

I'm probably in the minority but I still think he is much better than Clark and Baker. You don't make 84 appearances for Arsenal, be loaned by AC Milan and have 52 international caps if you are dog shit.

I'm probably in the minority but I still think he is much better than Clark and Baker. You don't make 84 appearances for Arsenal, be loaned by AC Milan and have 52 international caps if you are dog shit.

I saw him a few times for Valenica, believe me he is dogshit.

If he is dogshit what the hell does that make Clark and Baker?

If he is dogshit what the hell does that make Clark and Baker?

To right.

I can see him blossoming at Villa Park. 

No one really commenting on the connection between MON and Lerner.

Does anyone seriously think that after what happened between O'Neill and Lerner that O'Neill would recommend the job to Keane?

Does anyone seriously think that after what happened between O'Neill and Lerner that O'Neill would recommend the job to Keane?

He did to Lambert. Lambert even mention it.  MON seems to have consistently spoken highly of Villa since he left.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

An experienced International defender on a free and one of the most inspirational players of the last 25 years linked wit the Club and people are slitting their wrists ?

I am not saying either are without downsides but really ?

• Like 2

The clue is why he didn't stay at Arsenal at a time when they were recognised as lacking decent centre halves. He was poor then and I seriously doubt he's improved since then

I'm not saying he isn't poor. I'm just saying he is better than Clark and Baker and as good as we will get while Lerner is still in charge.

An experienced International defender on a free and one of the most inspirational players of the last 25 years linked wit the Club and people are slitting their wrists ?

I am not saying either are without downsides but really ?

Yep - considering the predicament we are in - neither of these look bad moves to me.

• Like 1

I forgot Keane is just a mindless robot with no free will of his own...

He did to Lambert. Lambert even mention it.  MON seems to have consistently spoken highly of Villa since he left.

Hadn't heard that at all so thank you for telling me. Puts a different light on the link to Keane then.
  • Like 1

Nicklas Bendtner says hello.....

Â