Roy Keane

TrentVilla

So he doesn't have to leave Ireland. 

Well, it'll be interesting, that's for sure. I'm not sure it's a great move when you want to try to keep a happy environment.

And Senderos would be a joke and a deeply disturbing sing of what this summer and next season has in store. **** Lerner...

Why would Keane rule himself out of the running to manage Celtic so he can be an Assistant at VIlla?

Because he gets to do the two other jobs that he cares about more at the same time. That's why I think he will be paid a decent wage considering he will be part time.

Crikey! The last thing we need on the training pitch is an inspirational leader who captained Manchester United to Premier League domination...

;)

His record as a manager is possibly more relevant. Don't think that's as impressive, personally.

Apparently he was recently quoted as saying something like he dosen't need another job when asked why he pulled out of the running for the Celtic position. Seems strange feels like a very short-term thing but then again I wouldn't have thought that Keane would agree to something like that.

Crikey! The last thing we need on the training pitch is an inspirational leader who captained Manchester United to Premier League domination...

;)

His record as a manager is possibly more relevant. Don't think that's as impressive, personally.

Why? He is not going to be the manager.

• Like 1

Roy fecking Keane?

However, if he's still planning on keeping his job in the media and also keeping his job in the International setup then doesn't that kinda give the hint it's not really a permanent thing? 

Roy fecking Keane?

However, if he's still planning on keeping his job in the media and also keeping his job in the International setup then doesn't that kinda give the hint it's not really a permanent thing?

I guess if we are looking at it logically then yes it does.

If we are looking at in in relation to other decisions made at Villa Park over the past few years. Then who the hell knows what's going on!

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

So despite Lambert automatically going for MON's assistant, we still aren't allowed to draw comparisons between them right?

What do you mean, "automatically"?

The comparisons still aren't very good. The two are different in quite a lot of ways.

There is little doubting that Keane is a winner and has a winners mentality. I am not sure that is what we are lacking though is it. Lambert is a proven winner. What we are lacking is someone on the training ground that can improve the basics that we are clearly lacking in like decent ball retention, movement off the ball and how to defend. On that score I am not sure Keane is the ideal choice as Lamberts number 2.

;)

Why? He is not going to be the manager.

Well, it's a question of whether the coaching role is closer to that of captain on the pitch or manager. I'd have thought pretty much the latter.

Â