Roy Keane

TrentVilla

@patmurphybbc: Re Keane/Villa - understand it was talks about talks between Lambert & RK a few wks ago.No offer made,RK off to USA with Ireland.No urgency

@patmurphybbc: Lambert & Keane known each other for yrs,get on well - but no significance to Celtic/Villa stories emerging same day.Might happen.May not

Trent says it is a done deal. I believe Trent over Pat.

Didn't think he'd said that ?

"Well I've heard that Lambert's new assistant manager is sorted"

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

That's a bit like going into a shop to buy a kebab, realising you only have enough money for chips....then saying 'sod it, I'll have a lump of dogshit instead'.....

I'm probably in the minority but I still think he is much better than Clark and Baker. You don't make 84 appearances for Arsenal, be loaned by AC Milan and have 52 international caps if you are dog shit.

Nicklas Bendtner says hello.....

Brett Holman has a fair few for Australia. Hutton too ;)

• Like 1

I find the "favourites" argument is a difficult one to make when there isn't really any alternatives in our squad. One thing that successful teams tend to have is a consistent first 11, and two of the relegated squads (Fulham and Cardiff) were terrible for not having a consistent first 11. Sunderland only started climbing when Poyet settled on a stable first 11.

Both Gabby and Weimann really should have been dropped more often last season, but who would have replaced them? Helenius? Tonev? Holt? We just didn't have the depth.

Unless there are clear alternatives, trying to talk about favouritism always seems like an argument based on dodgy logic.

Except there were alternatives. Firstly there were players that he signed for that exact purpose such as Tonev and Helenius and after that there were the academy players. Regarding the latter, no doubt you'll respond with reactionary cries of "they aren't ready" or "it's too risky". But in response I will say that what is actually risky was starting players like Weimann and Baker every week despite the fact that they were almost certain to put in yet another awful performance in line with about 90% of their respective seasons.

What is truly "dodgy logic" is the idea that you should continually start a bunch of non-performers just incase the alternatives aren't any better. Obviously meritocracy in this regard is best avoided though in your eyes.

Edited by Isa

@patmurphybbc: Re Keane/Villa - understand it was talks about talks between Lambert & RK a few wks ago.No offer made,RK off to USA with Ireland.No urgency

@patmurphybbc: Lambert & Keane known each other for yrs,get on well - but no significance to Celtic/Villa stories emerging same day.Might happen.May not

Trent says it is a done deal. I believe Trent over Pat.
Didn't think he'd said that ?
No I didn't. I think it will happen within the next week but that isn't the same thing.

Why is everyone so shocked about Senderos. Our owner wants to sell us and there is not a buyer in sight. We will lucky to even sign an International with about 10 years of Premier League experience even if he is as crap as Senderos. Did you really expect Lescott?

That's a bit like going into a shop to buy a kebab, realising you only have enough money for chips....then saying 'sod it, I'll have a lump of dogshit instead'.....
I'm probably in the minority but I still think he is much better than Clark and Baker. You don't make 84 appearances for Arsenal, be loaned by AC Milan and have 52 international caps if you are dog shit.
Nicklas Bendtner says hello.....

Which is why Bendtner would probably be the best striker in our squad after Bentake. As stated already I don't rate Senderos or even Bendtner for that matter. But I think they are better than what we have and I am surprised people are acting like we are about to sign Titus Bramble.

• Like 1

Keane could have a short term boost on the team and the club BUT we sacked Culverhouse and Karsa for bullying which a lot of players at Sunderland and Ipswich claimed Keane was doing

Keane could have a short term boost on the team and the club BUT we sacked Culverhouse and Karsa for bullying which a lot of players at Sunderland and Ipswich claimed Keane was doing

There's a difference between bullying spoilt prima donnas because of their performances and bullying tea ladies.

I don't see Keane as a bully at all, again it seems an opinion is made based on speculation and a few prescious footballers crying to the press behind his back after he has gone from the club ( I know which character I would prefer in the dressing room ). Keane was a legend in World football, from what I have seen and heard he is also very honest and will improve the players as long as those players egos can remain in check. The mistakes Keane has made in the past were as a Manager and so far as Ireland's no 2 he seems far more calm and relaxed than before.

Sounds like Keane was offered the role when IC & GK got sacked. PL wants him but in the latest report Keane won't take it up the role and wants to focus on Ireland! Via The Mirror

Is that the same as taking it up the wrong'un?   If so, I can hardly blame him.  On the other hand, the fans have been "taking it up the role" for so long it's time for someone in the club's management to take over...

• Like 1

Â