Roy Keane

TrentVilla

That guys on Twitter said there will be an exclusive later, so probably 10.30 tonight?

Which guy is this out of interest?

Can't remember his name, the one that said that he's often shocked in football but this is totally unexpected...something along those lines

Trent are you able to answer whether you will feel the majority of fans will be angry or happy?

I think if the majority of Villa fans agreed on anything it would break the internet.
But then half of us would rubbish the tweet about it. Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Trent are you able to answer whether you will feel the majority of fans will be angry or happy?

I think if the majority of Villa fans agreed on anything it would break the internet.

No it wouldn't  ;)

Since trent broke it long before the papers its hardly an exclusive is it?

Not doubting trent knows who it is.....but he's hardly "broke" it has he

Well my point was its hardly an exclusive if other people already know.

Will you be happy?

Since trent broke it long before the papers its hardly an exclusive is it?

Not doubting trent knows who it is.....but he's hardly "broke" it has he

No but then neither have the papers who haven't said any more than I have.

But I'm not really bothered about that, I'm just trying to keep fellow fans on here informed. If I was arced about breaking stuff I'd set up a Twitter account with some daft name. :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-chase-roy-keane-3638096

Ireland No.2 is tempted as he would be allowed to continue working with his homeland's national team AND as a television pundit

Getty ImagesRepublic-Of-Ireland-Training-Session.jpg

UKSOCCERSHOP.COM
2013-14 AstonVilla Away Goalkeeper Shirt (Pink) - Kids
GO TO STORE

NOW TV
Get All TheSports You Want. Now.
GO TO STORE

UKSOCCERSHOP.COM
2013-14 AstonVilla Away Football Socks
GO TO STORE

UKSOCCERSHOP.COM
2013-14 AstonVilla Full Zip Hoody
GO TO STORE

NOW TV
Pay As You GoSky Sports
GO TO STORE

UKSOCCERSHOP.COM
2013-14 AstonVilla Polo Shirt (Purple)
GO TO STORE

Roy's keen: Will the Ireland assistant add a third job to his schedule?

Roy Keane is considering a shock move to Aston Villa to become manager Paul Lambert’s new assistant.

Keane is tempted, as it would enable him to continue working for the Republic of Ireland national team under Martin O’Neill and also remain as an ITV pundit.

The news comes on the same day that former Manchester United captain turned down the chance to manage Scottish champions Celtic in his own right.

MirrorSport understands O’Neill’s assistant is reluctant to walk out on his country again, following his infamous bust-up at the 2002 World Cup.

But the 42-year-old is pals with Lambert, who is forming a new back-room staff after Villa sacked Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa. The duo were dismissed last month following an investigation into allegations of bullying – as revealed by MirrorSport.

Now, Lambert is trying to bring in Keane to shake up the cash-strapped Midlands outfit, who finished 15th last month for a second successive season under him.

The Scot does not have huge resources to invest after owner Randy Lerner put the club up for sale.

Former Sunderland and Ipswich manager Keane returned to football as O’Neill’s assistant in November.

Prior to that, his last involvement with his country was when he sensationally walked out as a player before the finals in Japan and South Korea.

Keane is not yet ready to sever ties with Ireland again. He is due to fly out on Wednesday to America for their friendlies against World Cup-bound sides Costa Rica and Portugal.

Lambert, who is having to wheel and deal and rely on Bosmans to strengthen his squad, is hoping to sign former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a Bosman.

The 29-year-old is a free agent after leaving Fulham via a brief spell in Spain with Valencia.

He is due to play for Switzerland on Tuesday in a friendly against Peru and Villa hope to clinch his signing later in the week.

The experienced stopper would potentially form a new defensive partnership with Ron Vlaar and compete with fit-again Jores Okore.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-chase-roy-keane-3638096#ixzz33VnGehQu 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Â