Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Okay I'm a bit baffled about Okore, why is it that everybody must have judged him off YouTube clips? You're allowed to say somebody is shit but you aren't allowed to say somebody could possibly be very good?

If Okore had gone to another club and shown his potential we'd have all gone mad, stating how easy it is to get top young defenders for small fees.

Give the kid a chance - Villa fans who have seen him play before he joined say he looked the business, Chelsea scouts thought he looked the business, Man United scouts thought he looked the business. Of course he may not reach his potential and unfortunately he got a bad injury, but if people want to be happy that he joined then let them.

Edited by samjp26

Absolute awful signing if we get him.  I would rather have Clark.  I would rather we kept Derrick Williams or played Donacien.

Horrible time for our great club at the minute.  The sooner RL sells the better.

• Like 2

Clark had a shocker at Man. United but it's Man. United with their world class strikers, it's a little different to me to Baker having woeful games say at home to Stoke and Fulham who don't have that quality of attacking players.

I couldn't understand with Vlaar fit why Clark was suddenly out of favour for most of the second half of last season.

• Like 1

Clark had a shocker at Man. United but it's Man. United with their world class strikers, it's a little different to me to Baker having woeful games say at home to Stoke and Fulham who don't have that quality of attacking players.

I couldn't understand with Vlaar fit why Clark was suddenly out of favour for most of the second half of last season.

I'd take Senderos over Baker and I think Senderos is pants

Any more on this? Personally think he will get better offers than Villa anyway so fans don't really need to worry.

Before The Mirror story appeared, somebody had said on Twitter that they saw Senderos at VP.

He's not absolute turd, he's better than Baker.

Senderos will be a fresh turd to add to the manure filled compost that is our defence.

Hopefully the Vlaar and Okore partnership can blossom in this enviroment

• Like 2

It's not, though, as Yaya Toure (as per your example) would still be given a chance despite those thinking he might suddenly flop. What's happening here is the complete write off of a player before he's done anything for the club.

Which is why the word "might" was used...

The fact is that we would be justified in deeming Toure a good signing instantly upon arrival based on his career and exploits to date.

Edited by Isa

with okore coming back we should be alright at the back, not great but we should get by, which is all we need to do until we get a new owner so i dont really see the use in this signing. As the money available is so limited I think it would be better spent elsewhere, a good DM infront of vlaar/okore/clark/baker would do more good than getting senderos in.

with okore coming back we should be alright at the back, not great but we should get by, which is all we need to do until we get a new owner so i dont really see the use in this signing. As the money available is so limited I think it would be better spent elsewhere, a good DM infront of vlaar/okore/clark/baker would do more good than getting senderos in.

Until Vlaar and Okore get injured.

Would rather have Senderos than Baker or Clark. That's it.

finally someone thinking logically

It doesn't work that logically imo unless we sell one of Clark/Baker.  It's not a first team player (again, imo) coming into a position where we already have reasonable depth.

Would rather have Senderos than Baker or Clark. That's it.

finally someone thinking logically

The problem with this logic is that there is a very long list of defenders that I would rather have than Clark and Baker.  That list will include an awful lot of poor to average players.  There were times last season I was lamenting the loss of Zat Knight and I would not be happy to see him pitch up here next season even as a 4th choice.

Something must be done to improve our defense, this is something therefore it must be done, is not the logic I want to see used.

He's not absolute turd, he's better than Baker.

Senderos will be a fresh turd to add to the manure filled compost that is our defence.

Hopefully the Vlaar and Okore partnership can blossom in this enviroment

Either that or the rhubarb will be splendid this year at BMH.

• Like 1

Â