Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Hangeland just released by Fulham. Although he's been pretty gash for the last year or so, maybe he'd be the better option here

Has he really? He's better than senderos in my opinion

Has he for the released or the been gash? Because it's yes to both :lol:

He's really been shocking for them in the last while, but that could be down to the quality of the rest of the players on the pitch. If we were taking a punt of a freebie for a year, though, I'd definitely be looking at him ahead of Senderos

Hangeland just released by Fulham. Although he's been pretty gash for the last year or so, maybe he'd be the better option here

Has he really? He's better than senderos in my opinion

Has he for the released or the been gash? Because it's yes to both :lol:

He's really been shocking for them in the last while, but that could be down to the quality of the rest of the players on the pitch. If we were taking a punt of a freebie for a year, though, I'd definitely be looking at him ahead of Senderos

:) agree with you completely

Well, if we do get another centre back, please, please send Donacien out on loan, instead of wasting his development opportunity sitting on the bench.

Lambert has proven last season that even when we needed a centre back to come on because of injury, he preferred to shuffle the back line and play people out of position rather than use him.

• Like 2

Senderos is shit make no mistake.

But there are no words invented to describe "quiet man" Bakers footballing ability so if by Senderos arriving it means Baker can go and not talk at another club then that's fine with me.

He's not premier league quality, he's been exposed time and again, this move would be shocking, he's just an older version of Baker and Baker could actually become a better player than him! I remember Cahill being poor for us (apart from a fine goal against small heath) when we were fighting relegation under O'Leary. 

The thing with centre backs is that they need more time to develop because the role is so dependent on qualites gained through experience. Some however just lack to capacity to gain those qualities. Senderos is the latter!

Watch him have a cracking World Cup and sign for Leicester

I think the partnership they'll go into the World Cup with will be Schär/Djorou so he probably won't play much and rightly so.

Signings like Senderos will almost certainly help the club get relegated - i'm sure that's what Lambert is looking for, as it's the only explanation. Why not just sign Roger Johnson;  that way all the fans can see from the get go that relegation is deefinitely going to happen.

I've heard he spoke to the Swiss team manager Twitter rumour), who spoke highly of him. No shit, the coach ain't going to slate him. If true that is just stupidity.

Signings like Senderos will almost certainly help the club get relegated - i'm sure that's what Lambert is looking for, as it's the only explanation. Why not just sign Roger Johnson;  that way all the fans can see from the get go that relegation is deefinitely going to happen.

I've heard he spoke to the Swiss team manager Twitter rumour), who spoke highly of him. No shit, the coach ain't going to slate him. If true that is just stupidity.

Don't be ridiculous.

Instead why not give alternatives that lambert can buy, with A) No money and B. No premier league wages. I'd be interested to see them.

Edited by villan_007

I'd rather stick with the crap players we have than purchase additional crap players.  He doesn't solve the problem of us having poor back up in CD he will just allow us to pick from a wider array of unsatisfactory replacements.  He does however add to the issue of a player that can only decline in value pulling down a wage for being a bench warmer. 

• Like 1

He can because if he signs he will become an asset and have a value attached to him, however small that may be.  I don't see that value going up whilst he plays for us.  I do get your point that he is a free so it is not like we can lose money on the transfer value if we sell him, but the main thrust of my point is that it is unlikely he will improve with us and is likely to be every bit as worthless at the end of his contract as he is at the start.

Â