Glastonbury 2014

Xann

Lana del Ray may be very attractive, but she's bloody dull.

I was coming in to post exactly the same thing. I know I'm probably too old to get it but pleasant as she may be on the eye, I had to turn over to watch Robert Plant instead (and I can't stand Robert Plant). The most forgettably dull set of noise I've heard in a long old while.

Just about the only genre of music that I can honestly say I've never remotely liked anything of, is heavy metal, so my statement should be taken with that in mind.   But bloody hell, Metallica are bleedin' awful.  What a droning, tuneless, plodding, noise.  Glad I'm not at Glasto right now, so I can just turn them over.

• Like 2

Just about the only genre of music that I can honestly say I've never remotely liked anything of, is heavy metal, so my statement should be taken with that in mind. But bloody hell, Metallica are bleedin' awful. What a droning, tuneless, plodding, noise. Glad I'm not at Glasto right now, so I can just turn them over.

Quick - switch to Channel Twee . Blandy is already watching :-)

Just about the only genre of music that I can honestly say I've never remotely liked anything of, is heavy metal, so my statement should be taken with that in mind. But bloody hell, Metallica are bleedin' awful. What a droning, tuneless, plodding, noise. Glad I'm not at Glasto right now, so I can just turn them over.

As I said earlier, being considered eclectic means liking everything but metal.

• Like 1

As I said earlier, being considered eclectic means liking everything but metal.

Genres are meaningless point scoring exercises for boys who liked to play top trumps

Metallica however are utterly shit

• Like 2

Metallica were absolutely amazing! I hate festivals but watching that performance tonight made me want to be there! What an awesome set.

Id love to know the music tastes of those that dislike them - not 'Justin Timberlake' enough for you eh? ;)

• Like 1

its not just metallica, before them it was jack white, robert plant, lana del rey and kelis, i wouldnt watch any of them personally

out of the saturday night headliners - 

jake bugg > mgmt > metallica > staying in my tent > mogwai > bryan ferry

and im not even that fussed about jake bugg, looking at it i think id probably go see fat boy slim dj rather than any of them bands

looking at all the stages all day, id have liked to have seen manics and er... that's about it

its not just metallica, before them it was jack white, robert plant, lana del rey and kelis, i wouldnt watch any of them personally

and im not even that fussed about jake bugg, looking at it i think id probably go see fat boy slim dj rather than any of them bands

looking at all the stages all day, id have liked to have seen manics and er... that's about it

Out of the options there, Mogwai all day long. That's just like, my opinion, man.

• Like 1

Out of the options there, Mogwai all day long. That's just like, my opinion, man.

I dunno that "staying in my tent" band sounds quite interesting, I wonder what sort of stuff they play. I've only ever seen Mogwai once but they were brilliant

• Like 1

Quick - switch to Channel Twee . Blandy is already watching :-)
! The channel twee signal is too weak, what, with life being so unfair and everything. So the signal just stays in its room wrapped in a scarf and nice clean clothes. The signal is called Sebastian.

I watched the football.

I only ever knowingly ever heard one Metallica song something to do with Dust to Dust and Ashes to Ashes. I thought that was pretty bad. But then again I don't think I own records by any of the acts playing at Glastonbury. I watched some of it yesterday on the iplayer though nice to see the crowds enjoying themselves.

Looks amazing to me.

Why are they shit? Are they not very good at playing musical instruments? Because that certainly is not the case.

Their musicianship isn't in doubt, but then, Mick Hucknall is a technically brilliant singer, but I'd rather listen to that shite Metallica than Simply Red.

Â