Glastonbury 2014

Xann

well getting little off the thread topic, all country for me, pop stuff, schmaltzy stuff, new stuff, old, major stars to indie releases. I like southern rock but I can not do americana or alt country. Coming back round to the glastonbury coverage, kacey musgraves who I saw in manchester on friday and was superb, anyone know if she featured in any of the glastonbury coverage?

I saw limited footage as I was away this weekend the only thing I thought is why do kasabian exist? I struggle to think of a poorer band and lyrically they would be shown up by a 6 year old. They are just a dreadfully bad version of lo fidelity allstars. Then what do I know.

Yet I think they are great. Best gig I've been to. I think the moral of this thread is that, shockingly, different people like different music.

This and they announced a UK tour Nov/Dec this year.  Would kick an orphan square in the penis for a ticket!

Got back from my first Glasto this morning around 11AM. We got up and packed up at 6 so managed to beat most of the rush. Can't really put into words how incredibly amazing the whole experience is. Very overwhelming and can see now why it's considered the best in the world. Will definately be returning. Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting the post-festival depression to kick in - I expect it to come tomorrow morning when I wake up, but for now I'm grateful I'll be sleeping back in my comfy bed tonight! 

Saw quite a lot of bands. Hadn't really listened to Foster the People or Bombay Bicycle Club before but after seeing them live I've come back home and been listening to them all day.

Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian were all outstanding. 

Oh, and Yoko Ono anyone? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZTzaQ-sSc

Got back from my first Glasto this morning around 11AM. We got up and packed up at 6 so managed to beat most of the rush. Can't really put into words how incredibly amazing the whole experience is. Very overwhelming and can see now why it's considered the best in the world. Will definately be returning. Unfortunately, I'm still awaiting the post-festival depression to kick in - I expect it to come tomorrow morning when I wake up, but for now I'm grateful I'll be sleeping back in my comfy bed tonight! 

Saw quite a lot of bands. Hadn't really listened to Foster the People or Bombay Bicycle Club before but after seeing them live I've come back home and been listening to them all day.

Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian were all outstanding. 

Oh, and Yoko Ono anyone? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZTzaQ-sSc

That's Yo La Tengo as her backing band! Haha! Quality! I may have to watch her full set on the iPlayer now. 

Arcade Fire stole the show. Anna Calvi, De La Soul, St. Vincent, and Bonobo (despite missing the first ten minutes running down from St. Vincent) were all fantastic.

Special mention to the Daptone Super Soul Revue, it was like going back in time. I'd planned to watch it anyway but only found out whilst at the festival that Sharon Jones and Charles Bradley were playing. It's a bit of a disservice to compare them to Aretha Franklin and James Brown because these guys aren't just copies, but they were that good.

Only real disappointment was not being able to see Four Tet, but there was no way I was skipping Arcade Fire.

Moment of the festival? Watching Interpol playing NYC, after a day of torrential rain the sun coming out just as Paul Banks sang 'turn on the bright lights' was almost biblical.

I like Yoko Ono. 

Not musically, she's unlistenable. 

But I do like her as a person, never bought into all the Yoko hate from Beatles fanboys (of which I am otherwise one). 

And I never thought she was 'ugly', either (as if that's relevant to anything, anyway). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only saw Arcade Fire at the time and they were dull - well their newer stuff was anyway, don't care for Reflector at all.

John Grant's set was good. Gutted I'm missing End of the Road Festival this year as he's playing there. 

Â