Glastonbury 2014

Xann

True enough :)

But that is a rather weak line up in all honesty .. I don't even know who arcade fire are ....

Edited by tonyh29

Didn't even realise the Wailers were back together and touring

I'm not even going to bother with my usual festivals are shit and Glasto is the king of festivals rant… oh

Headliners are a bit poor, but I suppose they're running out of options. Don't mind Arcade Fire, but don't really think they're a big enough name. I can kind of see why they've put Metallica on, but surely Sabbath would have been a better option if they wanted to put heavy band on. Glad the rumour of an Oasis reunion seems to be bullshit. 

Also Sun Ra Arkestra  :thumb:

But that is a rather weak line up in all honesty .. I don't even know who arcade fire are ....

Thats because you like Big C**ntry and James ;)

After 12 seconds of watching Arcade fire on you tube (afterlife) before switching it off , it's safe to say if they went on for another 1000 years they wouldn't achieve the same musical highs of James or BC :P

Thats because you like Big C**ntry and James ;)
After 12 seconds of watching Arcade fire on you tube (afterlife) before switching it off , it's safe to say if they went on for another 1000 years they wouldn't achieve the same musical highs of James or BC :P

Bad choice of song but 12 seconds? Come on.

Headliners are a bit poor, but I suppose they're running out of options. Don't mind Arcade Fire, but don't really think they're a big enough name. I can kind of see why they've put Metallica on, but surely Sabbath would have been a better option if they wanted to put heavy band on. Glad the rumour of an Oasis reunion seems to be bullshit. 

Also Sun Ra Arkestra  :thumb:

Since they removed the promise of the Stones last year, they needed to find a name to replace it.

Expect that reunion to be leaked for a few years yet!

I personally love Arcade Fire and Metallica, but Im not sure if they are commercially popular enough to headline the pyramid stage TBH.

Metalica get away with it simply with the weight that their name carries, but ill be interested in how many people are in the crowd at the Other stage.

It's been a while since I went to Glasto, old age and fatherhood kinda got in the way, but it's one of the best places I have ever been in my life. I went five times when I was in my 20s and I think I saw the main stage headliners (5x3=15 headline slots) three or four times. There is so much interesting stuff there that it doesn't really matter whether you like Metallica or not, the fact that they will be headlining the main stage probably has a bigger effect on the people watching on TV than it does anyone at the festival. 

• Like 1

Maybe you are right.

This is the first one I have missed in a while, however the lads i go with are planning on giving it a change of scenery for the headline acts.  I wouldnt be surprised if a few more follow suit too.

Its a hard choice of who to miss out on anyway, all this will do is make a few peoples minds up.

Yeah, strange song choice.

Try "keep the car running"

They were an obvious choice for Glasto

When will Arctic Monkeys just stop? They had it several years ago but not now.

was the first one that came up on youtube  so i clicked it

against my better judgement i tried " keep the car running"

it's better but still a bit meh for my liking  ... but music is always going to be subjective 

but I guess we should keep this thread about Glastonbury rather than music tastes  ....

Yeah, strange song choice.

Try "keep the car running"

They were an obvious choice for Glasto

When will Arctic Monkeys just stop? They had it several years ago but not now.

was the first one that came up on youtube  so i clicked it

against my better judgement i tried " keep the car running"

it's better but still a bit meh for my liking  ... but music is always going to be subjective 

but I guess we should keep this thread about Glastonbury rather than music tastes  ....

Try Rebellion (lies), Tunnels, Wake up and power out.  Give them at least treble the usual 12 seconds ;)

Â