Glastonbury 2014

Xann

When will Arctic Monkeys just stop? They had it several years ago but not now.

they're probably bigger (and better) now than they ever have been...

id quite happily argue they are the biggest band in the world right now, AM is a stunning album

• Like 2

id quite happily argue they are the biggest band in the world right now, AM is a stunning album

Sorry mate, I meant Alison Moyet. My phone must have auto corrected.

Don't even think Monkeys are playing this year.

Didn't even realise the Wailers were back together and touring

I'm not even going to bother with my usual festivals are shit and Glasto is the king of festivals rant… oh

What's your problem with festivals Bicks? I love them, though I've never been to Glastonbury...

You should go. Glastonbury is completely different to V or Reading or anywhere else with a campsite, an "arena" and a come in, empty your pockets and piss off attitude.

Arcade Fire are a brilliant band and deserve to be there.

The whole festival is a bit shit though. I'd like to see some of the smaller bands like HAIM, Warpaint and Royal Blood... but meh, im not that bothered. 

I'm seeing them at Finsbury Park on May 24th :)

They're not at Glasto though.

And me :D

Edited by PieFacE

Why can Grandmaster Flash never get a gig at one of these festivals

Saw Grandmaster Flash, probably about 10 years ago.

He was being followed by Jazzy Jeff. There was a bit of a professional pride thing going on, the last 20 minutes of GF's set was AMAZING.

We thought that JJ was fooked, and would never be able to follow the GF set.

Wrong - JJ's first 15 minutes of turntablism were stunning. He absolutely wiped the floor with Grandmaster Flash.

It was unreal, we couldn't quite believe it, but thanked our lucky stars we'd been there.

• Like 1

Sorry mate, I meant Alison Moyet. My phone must have auto corrected.

and changed "she"  to "they" as well :detect:

Why can Grandmaster Flash never get a gig at one of these festivals

Saw Grandmaster Flash, probably about 10 years ago.

He was being followed by Jazzy Jeff. There was a bit of a professional pride thing going on, the last 20 minutes of GF's set was AMAZING.

We thought that JJ was fooked, and would never be able to follow the GF set.

Wrong - JJ's first 15 minutes of turntablism were stunning. He absolutely wiped the floor with Grandmaster Flash.

It was unreal, we couldn't quite believe it, but thanked our lucky stars we'd been there.

jazzy_jeff-1319648566+2.gif

Ha Ha - It was totally unexpected.

A few other acts had pitched up backstage to see Flash, when he'd finished everyone there was expecting a JJ car crash.

Gobsmacked, we all just looked at each other, amazed - Especially as apparently he was a latecomer to the decks.

To be fair neither of them are in the same league technically as, let's say Kentaro, but there was a clear winner that day and it wasn't the odds on favourite.

I'm not even going to bother with my usual festivals are shit and Glasto is the king of festivals rant… oh

What's your problem with festivals Bicks? I love them, though I've never been to Glastonbury...

Oh where do I start… They're outdoors and as a result sound quality is greatly diminished, camping sucks, campsites suck, to get a good spec to watch a band you like you have to plan hours in advance or watch the band on a big telly. Even the stages are too big for the band half the time, the drummer has to communicate with the bass player by semaphore. I bloody detest queueing for anything, the idea of wearing wellies for 4 to 5 days straight… I'd rather live in Coventry for a month and thats before I even start on the type of people large festivals in the UK can attract… oh and talking of Coventry… chemical toilets, nien danke especially day two onwards. really is my kind of musical hell

What about if The Beatles were playing though, Bicks? You'd like them then, right?  ;)

Oh where do I start… They're outdoors and as a result sound quality is greatly diminished, camping sucks, campsites suck, to get a good spec to watch a band you like you have to plan hours in advance or watch the band on a big telly. Even the stages are too big for the band half the time, the drummer has to communicate with the bass player by semaphore. I bloody detest queueing for anything, the idea of wearing wellies for 4 to 5 days straight… I'd rather live in Coventry for a month and thats before I even start on the type of people large festivals in the UK can attract… oh and talking of Coventry… chemical toilets, nien danke especially day two onwards. really is my kind of musical hell

What about if The Beatles were playing though, Bicks? You'd like them then, right?  ;)

They'd be a perfect match

Â