Glastonbury 2014

Xann

yeah listening to live music when you're not actually there often ain't that great an experience

It's not that good even when you are there if you have your back to the stage having to concentrate on watching dickheads crowd surfing towards you as they vomit over a dozen people in the front row before they pass out and/or try to fight you either.

Although, on that note I think 95% of the guards I've met doing festival/gig security were some of the worst idiots I've ever met (I'm in the other 5% before you start thank you very much, oooo he has a high opinion of himself doesn't he?)

yeah listening to live music when you're not actually there often ain't that great an experience

It's not that good even when you are there if you have your back to the stage having to concentrate on watching dickheads crowd surfing towards you as they vomit over a dozen people in the front row before they pass out and/or try to fight you either.

Although, on that note I think 95% of the guards I've met doing festival/gig security were some of the worst idiots I've ever met (I'm in the other 5% before you start thank you very much, oooo he has a high opinion of himself doesn't he?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5N68RIZM8c

long rambling story alert:

SFA have a song where the crowd goes nuts just about 1 minute / 1 min 10 into it - bit of a tradition.

Anyway, back in the day they were due a small gig, we didn't have enough tickets between us and couldn't get hold of any more on the night. I got the guys to get around the back of the venue (Pier, Cardiff). I went in, straight around the back beyond the toilets. Some idiot then kicked open the fire door. To my surprise not only did my couple of mates get in, but dozens of others.

Anyway, because of that security were really arsey and actually got a couple of police in the venue too - I think on some attempt to look for hand stamps and eject people that didn't have them. Wisely the police decided that could be more trouble than it was worth.

But when 'The Man' started, the police were in the middle of the floor. I leaned over and warned them they had 30 seconds before it went nuts. They literally did a thumbs up and physically reversed out of the crowd. With about 3 seconds to spare.

So a bad deed, and a good deed.

• Like 1

What happened to Interpol? Been far too long since their last album, glad to see them so high up on the bill

new album via crowd sourcing. Order from pledge music. Due out in September

Interpol release their first album in four years, ‘El Pintor,’ September 8th on Soft Limit, the album is now available to pre-order here along with brand new merchandise. Added to which by pre-ordering your copy here you will receive regular updates on the new album as they happen all the way up to release date.

Recorded at Electric Lady Studios and Atomic Sound in New York City, the ten tracks on ‘El Pintor,’ – taut and epic in equal measure – find the band completely reinvigorated after a three year break from touring. All songs on ‘El Pintor’ were written and produced by Interpol, with Daniel Kessler playing guitar, Samuel Fogarino on drums, and Paul Banks on vocals, guitars, and taking over bass duties for the first time. The album also features Brandon Curtis (The Secret Machines) playing keyboard on nine songs, Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. (Beck) playing keyboard on “Tidal Wave,” and Rob Moose (Bon Iver) playing violin and viola on "Twice as Hard.” ‘El Pintor’ was mixed by Alan Moulder, and mastered by Greg Calbi.

Edited by blandy
detail and link added
  • Like 1

Â