New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Being slightly serious for a minute, what are we thinking is the likely timescale in terms of adoption? Would it be from next season?

I'd imagine it would be on next seasons kits. Hopefully they will go down the embroided route and not plastic rubber stuff

• Thanks 1

I remember thinking the current crest was horrendous when we first released it.

Like a few have said though they grow on you over time.

For me option 2 is far better than 1 as I'd love a return to the round crest.

However, if option 1 wins I won't lose any sleep over it.

My main concern is where are we going to put the 5 other stars Unai is going to provide us with

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dubliner said:

I remember thinking the current crest was horrendous when we first released it.

Like a few have said though they grow on you over time.

For me option 2 is far better than 1 as I'd love a return to the round crest.

However, if option 1 wins I won't lose any sleep over it.

My main concern is where are we going to put the 5 other stars Unai is going to provide us with

The reason the current one has grown on us was the tweaks they made to it a few years back genuinely improved it a lot.

It's still bad, but when you compare it to the first iteration it really highlights how hilariously shit that one was

avfc_logo_before_after.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I wonder exactly how the votes will be counted.  I mean, I prefer the round one to the current one.  But I prefer the current one to the gas lamp.  Not sure how the survey captures such nuances!

It won't.

I imagine it will count which new badge people prefer and how many people prefer their choice over the current badge. Assuming the latter is over 50% (which it will be, overwhelmingly) then they'll go with the highest voted badge

I'm actually unsure. I was always in the round badge camp but have become more and more unsure with regards to other clubs with round badges.

The gas lamp shield doesn't feel right though. I'm not sure about the blue lion on a claret shirt at least. I just feel it should be gold or claret. 

It will take a little getting used to but the Rampant Lion the other way round doesn't bother me too much.

The round badge was before my time so I’ve never really been a fan of it. I’d prefer option 1 but with the style of option two.

As for the lion I quite like it facing the other way as a sign of looking to the future and not backwards.