New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Short story of How the average persons brain works 

Spoiler

Well I liked option 2 because everyone liked option 2 so I voted for it, but now I kinda like option 1 because everyone has now started to like option 1, so I like it better than option 2 now.

1 hour ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Working in design, it can be annoying when clients want a hybrid of different options.

However in this case, would this not sort the issue? The things most fans want to see, without subjective shapes..

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 23.26.09.png

Spurs and Pool did it first. Whilst it looks good I do t want to copy them. 

If they both had the right colour claret instead of purple I'd be happy with either. 

As it is, they're both too purple.

But they're also both better than what we have.

I imagine a lot of people that wanted gold gone was because it didn't work on a light blue background.

Gas lamp shield wins for me. And if it was less purple and more red it would be lovely.

Things that sway it for me:

- bigger lion with more detail there (but not so much that its busy)

- different from what else is already in the league, but not just different for the sake of it.

I'll be fine with either, but suspect the round one will won.

Very disappointed, I think both options are a bit crap. Then again, I was hoping for something more out there and modern, akin to what Ajax or Juventus did — I think the AV initials are unique and ripe for creative design.

But as soon as I went through the questionnaire, I somehow figured we’d end up with bland, ‘safe’ designs. I guess I don’t care all that much, so if that’s what the majority of fans want then fine, but a unique AV design in claret (not **** purple!) and blue would really make us stand out as the special club we are.

Missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You do paint yourself into the corner of something bland and unimaginative when your starting point is asking everyone what they want.

'If Henry Ford had asked everyone what they wanted, he'd have been trying to breed faster horses'. 

Fgvba6-WWQAE-vhw.jpg

3-D94-E9-F3-0030-454-E-B3-C1-5842-F3-F45

The main thing I take from these two images is that whichever one we choose will still be bottom half, easy to glaze over, lacking in anything for anyone to get excited about. That said, the former is at least different and not like half the rest of the division, and I quite like the attempt at a different shape, so the gas lamp shield it is for me. I don't expect to win, but it is better. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fgvba6-WWQAE-vhw.jpg

The main thing I take from these two images is that whichever one we choose will still be bottom half, easy to glaze over, lacking in anything for anyone to get excited about. That said, the former is at least different and not like half the rest of the division, and I quite like the attempt at a different shape, so the gas lamp shield it is for me. I don't expect to win, but it is better. 

The lion facing right looks even more ridiculous here.

Flipping hell, the colouring is so bland and dull 🤦‍♂️

From a distance or zoomed out, the circle badge looks very old fashioned against all of the others…

Edited by Jas10

I would’ve thought that one of if not the whole point of doing a redesign was for the badge to stand out… they’ve clearly failed at that here. The existing one may be “washed out” (yellow on light blue) from a distance but it’s still more “striking” than these… 🤦‍♂️

It’s the colours/shades or lack thereof (including a lack of vibrancy) that bother me more than the general designs…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Working in design, it can be annoying when clients want a hybrid of different options.

However in this case, would this not sort the issue? The things most fans want to see, without subjective shapes..

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 23.26.09.png

Yes I wanted something like this but with flat lettering not arched. 

I personally like the shield better but I think these are both improvements on the existing one. 

The lion especially is spectacular. A huge upgrade. 

Round one looks like it's missing something but adding anything else would make it look too cluttered. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RicRic said:

Everyone im begging you to choose the current badge those options are absolutely dreadful and look like we are playing in the stone age! whoever created them must have been ray charles 

You ok Randy? What are you up to these days? Any new tattoos?

I quite like both, of course they could be slightly improved with tweaks so I hope that’s still an option down the line, but it has to be the shield for uniqueness and a better lion. Reckon you could’ve got 1874 in there at the bottom still on either side of the legs if moved a little bit, and the lettering of Aston Villa could stand out a bit more from afar but hey ho.

They’ve both been designed as to be shapeless as well so it makes sense why that option never came to a vote.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fgvba6-WWQAE-vhw.jpg

I prefer the shield one

12 hours ago, bcarpet said:

I think both are really good actually. 

Number one looks cleaner and the lion stands out way more, however i like the fact number 2 has the date on it. 

I won't be upset with either to be fair

I’d assume the club foundation is represented by the gaslamp in option one, hence no need for the date. Think I prefer the more subtle reference tbh.

10 hours ago, RicRic said:

Wheres this top badge from mate ? Ive been raging about us changing it all day but if it were that top one id actually give it the thumbs up , personally i think were changing too much, we could have used the current design and made it round and then added ‘ aston villa’ on  it 

Hi there, apologies for the delay in replying. A quick google search of “Aston Villa crest ideas”  (which is what I did) and you find it straight away.  Fan designed by AEGON.  I like it obviously and am now using it here until I get bored of it. 👍

• Thanks 1