New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

We all new there would be polarised views. That was always going to happen and as @The Other Mat mentioned it was always going to be a problem with so many cooks.

As i've mentioned i'm underwhelmed by both of them, however, the more and more i look at them the more and more i'm leaning towards option 1

hold that bus @messi11 i'm coming aboard

the round one is too generic (currently 5 of them in the Prem).....or as @WallisFrizz has pointed out, looking in a mirror too similar to Chelski 

at least option 1 is different

i hope we don't join the circle club. But if we do i'll wear it with pride.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png 

spacer.png

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

VOTE OPTION 3:  Aston Villa + a Lion rampant.  Simple and confident. Petition, anyone?

You mean a little bit like:

image.png.ed9c6b3148d8b8085a07605f61a66e70.png

But with Aston Villa added?
Personally, I would like the rampant lion to be synonymous with Aston Villa. So, when people see the lion, they know it's the mighty Villa and don't need an explanation. Not there yet, but hopefully working our way there.

Now as for the two badges I think they are both fine, but if someone put a gun to my head I would choose the gas lamp, more because it is different rather than anything else.

Also, there is a subtle difference between the two lions; somehow, I prefer the gas lamp one.

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

Personally, I would like the rampant lion to be synonymous with Aston Villa. So, when people see the lion, they know it's the mighty Villa and don't need an explanation. Not there yet, but hopefully working our way there.

Now as for the two badges I think they are both fine, but if someone put a gun to my head I would choose the gas lamp, more because it is different rather than anything else.

Also, there is a subtle difference between the two lions; somehow, I prefer the gas lamp one.

This...the rampant lion is far better on option 1

far more robust

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I'd love us to be confident enough to just have the lion. It'd be a bold move but would pick up traction over time

Is this like an episode of Yes Minister or something? 

I can almost hear Humphrey whispering in Jim Hackers ear. "We want the round badge, most of the fans want the round badge but there will be some awkward voters who won't be happy. So give them another option that's so repellent that they will just be grateful for the round one".

Don't get me wrong, I like the round badge, but there is only one option on offer here, unless you're borderline insane.  It will be a landslide. 

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Is it just me, or does the lion strongly look like it's in the middle of the Thriller dance routine?!

Think it's the height of the raised leg.

v4-460px-Do-the-Thriller-Step-9-Version-2.jpg.jpeg

Ow. 

More generally speaking, I'd like to talk about minimalism for a moment.

I don't go in for it. Particularly not in football badges. People like the Spurs one but it's outdated now. It looked great 10 years ago, but now it just looks quite lazy to me, and needs updating. 

I was worried about Red Dragon from the get go because I'd heard they were behind the PSG rebrand, and I hate the PSG crest. It's just an overly simplified version of the old one.

Whereas all of the best and most iconic badges in club football have complexity to them: Barcelona, Roma, Benfica, Real Madrid, Blackburn (sorry but it's classic), Valencia, Inter Milan (before they ruined it - yep - rebranding), Levante, Luton Town (yup) etc

I know plenty will disagree, but I just can't get behind this notion that Liverpool are better off for jettisoning all other elements of their crest but the Liver bird. It looks shite.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is this like an episode of Yes Minister or something? 

I can almost hear Humphrey whispering in Jim Hackers ear. "We want the round badge, most of the fans want the round badge but there will be some awkward voters who won't be happy. So give them another option that's so repellent that they will just be grateful for the round one".

Don't get me wrong, I like the round badge, but there is only one option on offer here, unless you're borderline insane.  It will be a landslide. 

Clearly you're wrong there, as loads here have said they prefer the first option. It's no more repellant than the round badge on offer.

Edited by est1874

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

When they discussed it at the meeting, they showed us 'elements' - a lion on its own and types of lion, types of gas lamp shapes, round shapes with different elements, different typefaces, things in different shapes and things in different combinations - mentally, I made a note that I didn't particularly like most of the things that have ended up being present in the shield badge.

And then when they presented the shield badge - I liked it. 

I'm voting with that one - I have a feeling the round one will win, but I don't think either are bad and they're both better than the current one by a distance.

Both are a thousand times better than what we have currently, for sure! I’m assuming those two designs are confirmed now? Is there scope to make final tweaks based on feedback for whichever one receives the most votes? 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Clearly you're wrong there, as loads here have said they prefer the first option. It's no more repellant than the round badge on offer.

You must be new.  This is Villatalk.  There are a lot of insane people on here.