New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm 48 and in my lifetime we've had five club crests and four of them I've not been happy with. The only one I've liked was the round one we had between 73 and 92. I quite like both of these, and they are both a big upgrade on what we currently have, but I think I'll be voting for option 2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Im coming round to this if I’m honest, just needs the font to be bigger to stand out a bit more. It’s got a good Netherlands badge vibe to it. 

Looks way better on the shirt than that unseemly circle

Don't love either.

The shield of the two.

Surprised at the % of fans who wanted to keep the star. Time for it to go. Imagine how shit it'll look with two stars. Hopefully, we see it of course, but it'll look even naffer.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Looks way better on the shirt than that unseemly circle

I was initially all for the round one. Option one looks class on the shirt. Might be a slow burner. Suspect option 2 will win by landslide. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another thing, if i'm honest, I wanted more gold, if it were to be round, the outstanding option was the fan one designed on here.

However, fans overwhelmingly said " Needs to be more Claret and Blue " apparently.

For me, it's just made us look more like Burnley.

This is it for me… they look so plain and bland now and don’t stand out… a real lack of vibrancy… the gold/yellow lion differentiated us… just needed a better/darker background for it.

Too much or solely C&B (esp when dark - no purple shades!!!) and we just resemble the likes of West Ham and Burnley whereas we always stood out and looked better with the addition of yellow/gold and more appealing shades of claret and blue.

These are quite uninspiring really..

and why did they have to turn the lion around? 🤷‍♂️

Even just this Iooks better than those two designs:

spacer.png

So many fan designs looked better and stood out more than these…

Oh well…

They’re not terrible or a disaster… just not anything special or, again, vibrant…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Option 1 - meh

Option 2 - double meh

Missed opportunity to make a statement for me, the lions pants as well, needed to be a modern heraltic (is that the right word) design. 

Out of the 2 though I’m option 1 as it’s a bit different and unique, like us as a club

Voted 1 but not in love with either. The lion flipping makes everything look wrong IMO (and my tattoo of the lion on my leg now being wrong too as i went with that over the crest as a safe option haha) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’ll get used to either but I still think below is better

6CC502AD-62DF-4F57-BF1B-2FEBDCB7A8A4.png.d26ad521042f857e5567909e066a6db4.png

which makes me think that option 2 would look and feel better if it faced left like this option that was posted a while back ………

FE224F85-30F9-46DF-96B9-D6C97F13C82C.jpeg.f64d82fe7f958d474c92e583212454a1.jpeg

Yup

We have it all the time with kits - but in that case, fans have the luxury of not having to worry about cost of manufacture, how to achieve effects with available materials, or fitting in with the manufacturer's templates, etc.

Not really an excuse with this, I'm assuming we'll be spending millions on this and the options we've got are both a bit rubbish compared to what some fans have knocked up, it's really disappointing.

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Im coming round to this if I’m honest, just needs the font to be bigger to stand out a bit more. It’s got a good Netherlands badge vibe to it. 

that's what it reminds me of! i was wracking my brain trying to place it. it looks great imo.

it was very jarring at first but it's grown on me already. shame it'll lose.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This is it for me… they look so plain and bland now and don’t stand out… a real lack of vibrancy… the gold/yellow lion differentiated us… just needed a better/darker background for it.

Too much or solely C&B (esp when dark - no purple shades!!!) and we just resemble the likes of West Ham and Burnley whereas we always stood out and looked better with the addition of yellow/gold and more appealing shades of claret and blue.

These are quite uninspiring really..

and why did they have to turn the lion around? 🤷‍♂️

Even just this Iooks better than those two designs:

spacer.png

So many fan designs looked better and stood out more than these…

Oh well…

They’re not terrible or a disaster… just not anything special or, again, vibrant…

What you have pictured there would have been fine!