New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Also why the hell are the shades of claret and blue wrong on both? But not slightly/mistakenly wrong, as such... more like way off what our colours are supposed to be 

Edited by est1874

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not a chance it’ll be close.  The video already said people didn’t want a shield and the gas lamp looks too close to a shield.

As for lost in the crowd, I don’t agree, our colours are very distinctive compared to all our rivals round badges at the very minimum.

Fans on the whole have wanted a round badge for years, it’s been talked about for years.  

As for some saying it’s boring, it’s a badge it can’t be complex because it’s on so many platforms, templates, different sizes and many other things they have to take into account.  The colours are better, it has our full name on that we all wanted, the lion, the star which most fans wanted.  I think it’s great, it’s satisfying most of what the majority of fans want while also helping the marketing and presentation issues of the current badge.  A win win!

i'm just judging by the responses on here. it's a small sample size, but seems fairly evenly matched

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The shape of the lion was something that didn't need to change, IMO, while the current badge is naff, the lion is bang on and way better than the new one used in both badges, I'll be disappointed to see that change.

In fairness the lion hasn’t changed that much? Just a little more defined around the edges so you can see more of its mane? Im glad they didn’t bring back the stupid tongue, or make it so you could see the lions ball bag or something though. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We all see things differently I guess, but I’m surprised there’s not more people moaning about the lion facing right. It looks so wrong to me.

I don’t get the idea that facing left is backwards and facing right is forward either?

I genuinely think the only reason for that, is because that is how we are used to seeing it. " Muscle memory "

New direction will become the norm eventually.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Other fans ain't lying when they say we're stuck in 1982

To be fair, most of the last twenty years I’ve wanted to forget anyway so there is that….

Most club fans live in their past, Arsenal fans constantly talk about their invincibles, Man U fans about the trophies under Fergie and until Klopp, Liverpool fans were about their league wins in 20-40 years ago.  It’s not a bad place to be stuck in 1982, not many fans can say they’ve done that and yes it’s the past but we are a very long way from that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm just judging by the responses on here. it's a small sample size, but seems fairly evenly matched

I’m going by the stats in the video from the respondents of the original survey than a handful so far commentating on here.  The shield wasn’t popular and the gaslight isn’t much different.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

My Thoughts on the new Club Crests:

Option 1- Different, Progressive, Modern, A look to the Future.

Option 2- Traditional, Boring, Holding on to the Past. 

Modern vs Traditional its your decision 

Yeah, a look to the future where FIFA don't have the rights to Premier League teams and instead have knock off logos to represent the teams like Pro Evo used to, because that's what it looks like.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not sure if you've gotten to the voting stage yet, but when you choose an option, you are then asked if you feel it is better than the current badge

Im not allowed unfortunately😔 not a ST holder

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Also why the hell are the shades of claret and blue wrong on both? But not slightly/mistakenly wrong, as such... more like way off what our colours are supposed to be 

I mean you would assume they're not wrong. Whatever you think they should be is wrong.

Whether we like it or not, if this is the official badge designs coming from the club then this is the claret and blue

underwhelmed tbh

i was hoping for something modern, innovative, revolutionary but what do we have?

two options that are none and both very safe and lets be honest quite boring

oh, and i think we'll be joining the masses of rest of the football circle club 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

TBH, I don't understand why they're changing the crest... 

Because it's shite and looks horrible on modern media, i'm genuinely baffled as to how some people can't see this.

Think it has very little to do with NSWE " ego " , if it was an excellent badge it wouldn't be changing.

They've obviously had feedback from fans and industry professionals alike.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Confused 1

I honestly thought I wasn't bothered either way and happy enough with the one we have now, but when the round one appeared in the video it caught me right in the feels.

It's probably an age / nostalgia thing - An improved version of the badge of the club I fell in love with when Villa chose me aged about 7 

We had a lot of success with that badge and it's been slim pickings since so I am all for going back to it and I love the update. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, a look to the future where FIFA don't have the rights to Premier League teams and instead have knock off logos to represent the teams like Pro Evo used to, because that's what it looks like.

Change is good! Option 1 is attractive to the masses outside of Lichfield, like those in America and Australia 

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

underwhelmed tbh

i was hoping for something modern, innovative, revolutionary but what do we have?

two options that are none and both very safe and lets be honest quite boring

oh, and i think we'll be joining the masses of rest of the football circle club 

But modern and innovative would have just been AV put into some random order that looks cool. In my opinion you can’t incorporate the main element of the badge into something like that. That’s what the survey was for - to establish what components needed to be retained. If the majority said get rid of the lion then the ideas would have been more ‘out there’. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean you would assume they're not wrong. Whatever you think they should be is wrong.

Whether we like it or not, if this is the official badge designs coming from the club then this is the claret and blue

It's not even claret though. Claret is a shade of red by definition. The colour on those badges is a shade of purple. It's just not what our club colours should be at all IMO. Not sure why we've been content to let them change those without a vote when we need to vote on a crest change.

Colours aside I don't hate either option. Neither is as good as it should be IMO but that's life also

• Like 1