$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Not releated to the takeover I wouldn't have thought but on another forum they seem to think that Anschutz is selling AEG. Of course Anschutz has been linked with quite a few British clubs. Interesting to read that the recent World Cup Final was third most watched Soccer game in US TV history. Hopefully that might peak some interest. But I've still got a feeling about the Saudis.

just interested to know?....what is everyone expecting from this new owner when he/she arrives?

What I am hoping for (realistically) is that the club is streamlined off the field to save money, we sell naming rights the the ground/training ground, get sponsors for whatever companies will pay us for and funds are injected into the club for running costs at 10m a season over break even point to comply with FFP.

That's the money side.

On the playing side I want us to buy free transfers over the age of 25 only and buy players under 25 (resale value) I want us to bring in the best coaches and scouts and purchase youngsters much like arsenal do to move forward

Current fear - Nobody is willing to buy us this season or next and we will try to stay in this division with no investment on players. 

Minimum expectation - Someone to buy us soon that will allow us to look somewhere other than the free transfer bucket for players. 

Expectation - Someone to buy us who attends the odd game and will give us 33% + of the SKY money each season to move us forward. 

Maximum expectation - Someone to buy us that will invest mega bucks for fun and take the hit without blinking if that leads to a FFP fine.  

• Like 1

Are we any closer to being taken over?

10 days closer AshVilla. ;) But there has been nothing to suggest anything positive has happened new owner wise since you left.  

Are we any closer to being taken over?

10 days closer AshVilla. ;) But there has been nothing to suggest anything positive has happened new owner wise since you left.

Not negative, in fairness. Just nothing.

• Like 1

I'm expecting someone worth around the same as Lerner but with the passion and interest he had when he first took over. A spend of around £50m for each of the first three seasons and then see where that takes us.

• Like 1

im over it.. just looking forward to the season now. If it happens it happens.. if not.. ah well.

This.

I think as the season ended we had nothing to talk about except a takeover. Then the wold cup hit and the thread slowed down and now it's pre-season and it's all about what happens on the pitch. If the takeover happens, great, if not, I'll be too caught up in the season to notice.

im over it.. just not looking forward to the season now. If it happens it happens.. if not.. ah well.

Corrected for my position

was reversed last year. You were optimistic and it turned to shit. Hopefully the same happens again!

just interested to know?....what is everyone expecting from this new owner when he/she arrives?

I think what the majority expect is the reason a new owner is not going to arrive anytime soon. The task has become too large.

What do you mean? The club is financially self sufficient, in the black perhaps. In the premier league too, second largest catchment area in the country with virtually no realistic competition.

What's the job?

I think what the majority expect is the reason a new owner is not going to arrive anytime soon. The task has become too large.
What do you mean? The club is financially self sufficient, in the black perhaps. In the premier league too, second largest catchment area in the country with virtually no realistic competition.

What's the job?

The job is making us a top 6 team again at the very least. This will require a lot of investment in addition to 200M already spent purchasing the club. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I'm expecting someone worth around the same as Lerner but with the passion and interest he had when he first took over. A spend of around £50m for each of the first three seasons and then see where that takes us.

So break Uefa and premier league FFP, special !

What's the job?

The job is making us a top 6 team again at the very least. This will require a lot of investment in addition to 200M already spent purchasing the club.

The job according to who though? Is that in the advertisement?