$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If it's change for the better in that we get some long term major investment into the club which breeds success then I couldn't give a shit what they do.

just about sums you up, glory hunter at any price!

Ok, some red bull thoughts....

I personally don't think they would be stupid enough to try and change our colours or our name. This would be the first time that they have owned a club like us, not even close in terms of history and tradition. I'd be sad if they wanted to rename villa park, there's a lot of history in that name too. I think they would be more inclined to chaneg the name of our ground than our team or our colours. To say it's an established brand is almost taking the piss. 140 years. That's more than Coca-Cola and thousands of other big brands, even if you ONLY look at it from a narrow brand angle.

That aside, Houllier spent some time here, I was up for the idea of GMac carrying on with Houllier upstairs as Director of Football, I still think it would have been better than that ginger fella. Now, maybe he suggested this to Randy, maybe he was up for it, saw ways to improve us as a whole, not just first team results. That's precisely the type of person we have needed for a while, and to ask a Manager to do that, as well as the more than full time job of running the first team squad is increasingly stupid in modern football IMO.

Anyway, nothing definite yet, but Red Bull might not be such a bad thing, if they do change the name, colours and the name of the ground then the Premier League want shooting for letting it happen. As would Lerner if he knew they were planning it, I mean, he'd have a wrong coloured tattoo for a start right? 

Net assets were £27m when Randy bought us, PPE was listed at roughly £41m, other intangibles (assuming this was players registrations were £19m. It's tough to see how he can justify asking for £200m when you consider most of the money he has pumped in has been blown on overpaid & overpriced players. 

You guys know I'm not an 'ITK' or claim to be, but I'll pass this snippet on. I met someone the other day who genuinely is in the loop for this (comes with the industry I work in) and he said that at the moment the problem we have is that we are struggling to find a buyer at all. As in the interest just isn't really there. A bit worrying!

This rings true with me, some people should come back down to earth.

Net assets were £27m when Randy bought us, PPE was listed at roughly £41m, other intangibles (assuming this was players registrations were £19m. It's tough to see how he can justify asking for £200m when you consider most of the money he has pumped in has been blown on overpaid & overpriced players. 

I don't know, ordinary people in this country seem to think it's fine to pay half a million quid and more for a tiny bit of land and a pile of bricks that cost a tenth of that to assemble.

• Like 1

You guys know I'm not an 'ITK' or claim to be, but I'll pass this snippet on. I met someone the other day who genuinely is in the loop for this (comes with the industry I work in) and he said that at the moment the problem we have is that we are struggling to find a buyer at all. As in the interest just isn't really there. A bit worrying!

This rings true with me, some people should come back down to earth.

Hope I m wrong - but thats where I fear we are - Lerner is desperate for a buyer - thats why I feared the donut prank so much !

It's not L. Ellison. It's not Harris. It's not red bull.

Good to have you back Kwan. Any progress?

Well he 'Its' - so maybe there is at least an interested buyer - just hope its not the donut brothers