$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

More of the same I feel.  

I don't think they have any track record of building successful sporting teams - someone please prove me wrong(!)  These are a couple of guys in for the investment, keep villa tick along in the Premier League and then sell up in maybe five years.  That's my hunch but it'll be interesting to see what they have to say for themselves.

Jesus Christ some on here are really coming across as spoiled.

What are these guys worth? Would they be investing their own wealth or is this consortium a Ltd company type deal? I don't really understand finance but I'd hate them to be the next Gillette and Hicks.

That Davis fella is worth between £1 £1.5 billion

Bit of a let down to be honest - seems very low profile - who operates similar to Randy stays in the background. One thing in his favour is he is 'Self Made'  - but overall I wouldn't be bothered if this doesn't happen

How is it a let down? I thought the biggest problem with Lerner is that he wasn't prepared to spend much over these past few seasons? These new owners are hardly poor FFS, and staying in the background is actually one of the good things about Lerner - better than being like Dave Whelan or Vincent Tan.

What the **** were people actually expecting?

Edited by Mantis

Surely it is about smart business choices, get the right manager, purchase the right players, sort out the coaching, scouting etc. Then invest whatever money you have wisely I do not think we will be Man City or Chelsea spending but at the same level as Spurs or Liverpool then we can make a go of it. 

As long as we stay in the league of course!!

In August 2010, Simpson and Ray Davis were co-lead investors in the $593 million winning bid, to take the Texas Rangers baseball team out of bankruptcy.[4]

In October 2010, the Texas Rangers played in the World Series, for the first time in franchise history.[5]

In 2011 Simpson expressed a desire to keep his ownership role low key, with co-chairman Davis, depending on minority owner and team president Nolan Ryan to operate the team.[6]

In October 2011, the team again reached the World Series.[7]

• Like 1

So if it IS these guys, they bought the Texas Rangers from Tom Hicks (former Liverpool owner) in 2010 just as they were on the brink of bankruptcy.

The Rangers made it to the World Series for the first time ever in 2010, and again in 2011.

Edited by NurembergVillan

Surely it is about smart business choices, get the right manager, purchase the right players, sort out the coaching, scouting etc. Then invest whatever money you have wisely I do not think we will be Man City or Chelsea spending but at the same level as Spurs or Liverpool then we can make a go of it. 

As long as we stay in the league of course!!

Looks like it's the first approach or bust for many people. You'd think that given how little Lerner has spent over these last few seasons and how much people go on about wanting him out (a fair gripe) that they'd be a little happier about all this. Instead it's "Oh, they're only worth $4bn? How disappointing".

:rolleyes:

If it turns out to be Ray Davis and Bob Simpson, then fair play to 'admin' on TBAR for getting proper ITK info and sharing it too. <br />

<br />

The talks of a new Man City/ Chelsea owner & model were a hopeful fantasy, to say the least, but another owner of Randy's wealth (or slightly more, in footballing terms) in still good for us. <br />

<br />

In the early days, Randy was happy to give a manager £30m-£50m to get the ball rolling, and then steady ongoing investment. If the new owners do the same, I'll be happy as it'll hopefully make us compete again.

• Like 1

In August 2010, Simpson and Ray Davis were co-lead investors in the $593 million winning bid, to take the Texas Rangers baseball team out of bankruptcy.[4]

In October 2010, the Texas Rangers played in the World Series, for the first time in franchise history.[5]

In 2011 Simpson expressed a desire to keep his ownership role low key, with co-chairman Davis, depending on minority owner and team president Nolan Ryan to operate the team.[6]

In October 2011, the team again reached the World Series.[7]

Sounds promising.