$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Check the figures - Walter pumps billions upon billions into his team - there really is no comparison with Lerner..........any it looks like its not Walter - but a Randy MK2 

I never said Lerner spent billions, but he did pump a lot in - the problem was always how it was used, mostly by O'Neill and to a lesser extent Houllier and McLeish.

If it is Lerner number 2 then all he needs to do is learn from his mistakes, its not all about getting the richest owner. If Lerner's first few years of investments were done smartly and gradually over the 8 or so years we'd be much better placed. Obviously theres tonnes of other decisions and stuff aswell but as i said earlier in the thread i dont think we need drastic amounts of money to start competing again. We also dont have to go from 0-100 in one summer lets just make some kind of progress year on year.

• Like 1

What are these guys worth? Would they be investing their own wealth or is this consortium a Ltd company type deal? I don't really understand finance but I'd hate them to be the next Gillette and Hicks.

Worth about $4,000,000,000 between them. Pretty sure they own the Rangers as a partnership, not part of any consortium.

Seems a bit underwhelming to be honest. A sideways step from Randy in terms of financial clout.

How ridiculous.

I hope the new owners get a chance and people aren't on their backs already just because they aren't Larry Ellison or some oil baron worth however many tens of billion.

Edited by Mantis

Seems a bit underwhelming to be honest. A sideways step from Randy in terms of financial clout.

$4bn not enough for some it seems!

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Edited by Swerbs

What are these guys worth? Would they be investing their own wealth or is this consortium a Ltd company type deal? I don't really understand finance but I'd hate them to be the next Gillette and Hicks.

That Davis fella is worth between £1 £1.5 billion

Bit of a let down to be honest - seems very low profile - who operates similar to Randy stays in the background. One thing in his favour is he is 'Self Made'  - but overall I wouldn't be bothered if this doesn't happen

• Like 2