$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

If it turns out to be Ray Davis and Bob Simpson, then fair play to 'admin' on TBAR for getting proper ITK info and sharing it too. <br />

<br />

The talks of a new Man City/ Chelsea owner & model were a hopeful fantasy, to say the least, but another owner of Randy's wealth (or slightly more, in footballing terms) in still good for us. <br />

<br />

In the early days, Randy was happy to give a manager £30m-£50m to get the ball rolling, and then steady ongoing investment. If the new owners do the same, I'll be happy as it'll hopefully make us compete again.

These guys combined are worth up to 4 or 5 times more than Lerner is currently worth.

Hilarious comments from some on here. These 2 lads have 4 times the miney Randy has and people are still not happy. Also remember Lerner has a fair few $$$ in the first place but has decided he doesn't want to spend it on Villa the last few seasons.

Yeah its not like these two will need to get the OK from a family trust before they spend money on the team either.

People need to chill out and look to the future! New owners, new, better manager, better players....a fresh new start!

Seems a bit underwhelming to be honest. A sideways step from Randy in terms of financial clout.

Oh please!

If it's not an oil sheik then there is no point?

I would much rather a Liverpool level of investment than Man City.

• Like 1

Let's remember that we are talking about their estimated worth as a pair, we aren't talking about the amount of money they will be willing to spend.

That said, I believe that as individuals they are both worth more than Liverpool's owner for example.

• Like 1

I can't understand how having 4 times the money of Randy - or an EXTRA $3 billion, is deemed as being 'roughly the same'???

Randy himself has enough money to fund a successful Villa if he wanted to - he has $1000 million - he just reigned back his spending.

These guys have $4 billion between them. I can't foresee why they would buy an unsuccessful club if it wasn't to at least attempt to make us successful again.

Where do people get the 4 billion figure from?  I can only find Ray Davis being worth 1.9 Billion Dollars.

It is a double act taking us over apparently, Ray Davis and Bob Simpson.

• Like 1

These guys combined are worth up to 4 or 5 times more than Lerner is currently worth.

I know, but when you consider the wealth of some football owners, I would say that an increase of 3 or 4 billion is only 'slightly' more wealthy ;)

There are going to be some very unhappy people on here if Lambert goes and we don't end up with Klopp or Guardiola. Maybe those who say Villa fans have unrealistic expectations were on to something.

We just want to have a bit of fun.

Well I do at least.

• Like 1

I can't understand how having 4 times the money of Randy - or an EXTRA $3 billion, is deemed as being 'roughly the same'???

Randy himself has enough money to fund a successful Villa if he wanted to - he has $1000 million - he just reigned back his spending.

These guys have $4 billion between them. I can't foresee why they would buy an unsuccessful club if it wasn't to at least attempt to make us successful again.

It really is madness. We were one of the biggest spenders in the league in the first few years under Lerner - these guys are at least 4 times richer but apparently that isn't good enough?

• Like 3

All we can get from their estimated worth is a feel for how rich they are, it doesn't give us any indication of how much they want to invest. I'm still positive.

Well yes, they may try to run Aston Villa as a business improving revenue rather than putting their own money in.

Who knows.

Where do people get the 4 billion figure from?  I can only find Ray Davis being worth 1.9 Billion Dollars.

It is a double act taking us over apparently, Ray Davis and Bob Simpson.

Yes, and if one is worth 1,9 bln, the other one must be too.