$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

- at the takeover he did say if he couldn't take Villa forward he would go. He has done that and not hung around. Respect for that

He did hang around, hence our last 3 seasons being our 3 worst ever prem years.
I can't speak for him, but I imagine that Randy thought that once the wage-bill was sorted, then we could have another go.

He has probably seen the last 2 years as having to spend £25m per season to stand still, and finally realised that he does not have the finances to fire us back up the table.

• Like 2

- at the takeover he did say if he couldn't take Villa forward he would go. He has done that and not hung around. Respect for that

I can't speak for him, but I imagine that Randy thought that once the wage-bill was sorted, then we could have another go.

He has probably seen the last 2 years as having to spend £25m per season to stand still, and finally realised that he does not have the finances to fire us back up the table.

I can't agree at all. I think the last two seasons have all been about setting us up for a sale.

I can't agree at all. I think the last two seasons have all been about setting us up for a sale.

What would you rather he did?

Kept us running with finances spiralling out of control meaning nobody would touch us?

• Like 1

But still spent nearly £40m in those 2 seasons.

Would your beloved Herbert have done the same?

• Like 3

Rather the devil you know and so on ..... but we'll see.

I hope VP will remain Villa Park and the name will remain Aston Villa Football Club ...

But maybe I'm just an old fart romantic and the only way forward is playing your football at Red Bull Arena Park with a team in some can-looking shirts called Red Bullers .... or similar. Replace Red Bull at your peril with another company name.

With FFP being implemented and the penalties we're seeing for the likes of Citeh and PSG (and Chelsea next season?), the uber rich Arab or Russian owner won't have the same impact as before.

Neither will UEFA like the Red Bull Bottlers £200 mill a year sponsorship deal.

UTV

Edited by Villain4Life
  • Like 1

There is no hint in that statement from Lerner of a buyer in the pipeline - I really think you are clutching at straws if you can see one.

I think (and hope) a takeover will be concluded by the end of June. It is the waiting I do not like. 

Yes I think this as well, the waiting will be painful. The modern fan has access to much more information than back in my days as a young lad in the 80's. So reading through every little nugget of information is painful and makes everything seem like an eternity to happen. We can't help ourselves though, and no doubt I will be on here every ten minutes looking for an update. :D

Do people really expect Lerner to sack Lambert if he's selling?

I don't, he would have to be mad to sack Lambert now. Lambert will continue on until new owners come in. Lerner will let the new owners pay the compensation. 

Bit strange for Krulak to make a statement too.

didnt you know he is the link between the club and the fans! always approachable, will relay messages back to the board.....zzzzzzzz...........that worked well didnt it?

nothing has changed. ITK's on TBAR getting slammed. People need to understand these takeovers need time. The fact of the matter is that he IS selling the club so a takeover WILL be happening. So technically the ITK info was correct. Imminent it may not be but these things are not imminent. A takeover will take time and I have no doubt it will happen before next season is in place.

Randy to me sounds like he is saying his Goodbyes and Krulak coming out of the woodwork is just odd. His own goodbye? Who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if it is the Texans or PA still. No chance of Ellison (that's fan wishful thinking)

Lets see what plays out. Lambert won't be sacked as Randy gets along with him and doesn't want to pay him out. Will leave that to the new owner to do.

Thanks for trying Randy. You gave us some good years and freed us from Deadly Doug. You tried and ultimately failed. Gave us a great training ground etc along the way. MON era was awesome for a few years but it didn't go according to plan.

Time for a new era. Up the Villa!!

• Like 2

What would you rather he did?

Kept us running with finances spiralling out of control meaning nobody would touch us?

Why are the two extremes the only options?

But still spent nearly £40m in those 2 seasons.

Would your beloved Herbert have done the same?

What spend the bare minimum to survive in the league? Yes I think he did. And beloved? Just because Lerner has produced worse seasons than I ever experienced under Doug doesn't mean I loved what he was doing.