$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Another possible scenario to add to those already provided by smetrov: 

I have received bids for Aston Villa but none have matched my valuation of the club. I am therefore determined to continue with the long term project that is in place. This will see the club meet UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations and aim for a marked improvement in first team results".      

The UEFA FFP is the not issue , its the Prem League one that is coming in to force that included points deductions , the one Randy voted against.That IMO is one reason for the cut backs as has been said the UEFA version means nothing until we actually qualify for europe.

• Like 1

the idea of a prospective owner "making a last minute bid" tickles me. For sums of many millions, and long term investment, yep, gonna do that "at the last minute". 

Yeah, didn't you know? Randy is selling Villa on Ebay!

• Like 1

The Ewing Brothers from Texas have made a bid but Cliff Barnes is also interested. 

I've been told not to mention these names from my source but due to the other ITK's posting criptic clues with no bases i've decided to post them.

• Like 4

I can confirm that due to the strong accent of the original source of the TBAR information, there has been a mistake that has snowballed into the rumours that we have today.

It's not a couple of "Yankies" taking us over, it is in fact a couple of Venkys.

Chalk it down to an 'Admin' error.   ;)

• Like 4

The Ewing Brothers from Texas have made a bid but Cliff Barnes is also interested. 

I've been told not to mention these names from my source but due to the other ITK's posting criptic clues with no bases i've decided to post them.

Barnes only wants it to stop the Ewing's buying us!

I can confirm that due to the strong accent of the original source of the TBAR information, there has been a mistake that has snowballed into the rumours that we have today.

It's not a couple of "Yankies" taking us over, it is in fact a couple of Venkys.

Chalk it down to an 'Admin' error.   ;)

I hope they chicken out. ;):P

• Like 1

Stan Collymore did indeed say that Ellison was apparently at the game yesterday. Take it as you will I guess but personally I usually see him as a good source of info, especially when it's Villa.

• Like 1

Stan started tweeting about the red bull stuff aswell, he just tweets whatever he sees around it looks like. Theres no way he has any ITK info at villa or probably anywhere else.

He often tweets about things ahead of the regular press from what I have seen, also I haven't seen anybody else say Ellison was at the game so I don't know where he would have got it from.

We'll see I guess!

If you listen back to the call he wasn't passing it off as fact that Ellison was at the ground he just said that he apparently was. As a sort of conversational device to get the caller to imagine a scenario where Villa would have major money to spend next season.

About 26 minutes in here you listen to what was said.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

It's Stan's job to get people calling in. By mentioning Ellison and Villa in the same sentence it's going to get people to call. File that one under complete bollocks.

Still think it's going to be Anschutz, makes sense in my head.