$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Been watching some old villa footage from the 70s,80s and early to mid 90s. Was some really great moments and some low moments, but what stuck out for me is what a great old club we are. I watched the final replay v everton at old trafford where we won the league cup in 77, those vintage claret and blue shirts looked amazing and our support was top class. It was quite depressing in a way because football back then was great, everything about those days was what football was all about. Fast forward to now and you can see how much its declined. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that ok we might be in a rut right now but we support one of the true great clubs of english football. We really should be proud of our history and what aston villa meant to football at one point. I watched some old games at villa park against the likes of barcelona,juventus,man utd and watched the full game against inter when phil king put away the penalty to send us through. The atmosphere that night at villa park was something else, the crowd was totally with us and totally against the italians. Yet again I felt a bit depressed as I forgot how great and unique the old trinity road looked and all the flags that were being held up all over the ground. There is moments that this club will never see again like the intimidating holte end where thousands of people would be swaying about, which resembled a tidal wave. But I must believe we can be a force again, we are a big club with the potential to be a monster, we are a very proud club where very few clubs can match our history and tradition. Everything about our club tells us that its one of the great clubs of world football. We are desperate for someone to come in and take us where we need to be, I'm not saying winning trophies all the time but putting the excitement back into this club and challenging the other top clubs. If we can get things together behind the scenes then start to get a team together on the pitch I really believe in a few years we can be challenging the top 4. We could be averaging 45k to 50k no problem, our fanbase is very big. We live in reality at the moment and its shit but I want a bit of glory. I want to feel like I did when I was watching those great games from our past. We forget how lucky we are to support such a great club, we need those great days back and I know in time it will come.

the lion will roar again im sure

I saw a Virgin plane fly into international today :o:o:o:o:o:o:o !! is it Richard Branson????

Think about it guys he OWNS virgin!!!!

Meaning it's possible he was on the plane.

I could also see a man with long blonde hair in the window. I'm putting money on this

That's the last thing we need. Our strikers have barely scored all season. Making them run around with "Virgin" on the front of their shirts just seems cruel.

• Like 4

Whilst this is exciting as hell, i want to be put out of my misery because the chances of it being worth over a few billion are relatively slim and certainly not the norm.

Why we are speculating such high net worth individuals i'm not really sure

I'd be happy with the same levels of investment we had under O'Neill, but this time targeting young and exciting players from Europe, like some of the names we were linked in the summer but were always too unrealistic with our restraints. 

Edited by JoeParker91

I'm more interested in their vision rather than whatever money they have. If they are buy a club for £200 million whoever it is aren't going to be short of a few bob. Oncemore, there are billionaire owners of clubs out there that spend very little, or get teams relegated.

• Like 3

I'm more interested in their vision rather than whatever money they have. If they are buy a club for £200 million whoever it is aren't going to be short of a few bob. Oncemore, there are billionaire owners of clubs out there that spend very little, or get teams relegated.

Quite. Isn't the Fulham owner mega-rich?

I like to think that Randy will sell to someone who will be willing to push the club on and invest. Doesn't need major investment, just need 3 or 4 decent players on higher wages.

• Like 1

Quite. Isn't the Fulham owner mega-rich?

I like to think that Randy will sell to someone who will be willing to push the club on and invest. Doesn't need major investment, just need 3 or 4 decent players on higher wages.

Fulhams guy is worth 4.9$bn but to be fair they did spend quite heavily in Jan, they got that Greek striker who's hardly played for £10m, holtbys wages, heitinger would be on a few bob too etc. Probably others that i am forgetting too.

I would disagree and i think we need at least 6 decent players.

Big thing is going to be admitting players like Baker Clarke KEA etc are never going to be good enough and getting rid of them. 

I'd also add that with football vision and $$$ come hand in hand. No point them having a vision of being in the champions league is they're only worth say $1bn. 

I'd raise that $$$ is as important as vision

No way in hell Lambert will be part of this. It will be a complete clearout from top to bottom and rightly so.

Only 2 games to go for McLeish Mark II and the nightmare will end!!!!

• Like 2

Kendrick followed Ellison on Twitter and in turn has been bombarded by people asking if he was at the game. His response was a YouTube video of Fawlty Towers, stating he knows nothing.

The mystery continues.

Loving this mystery..

i would be very surprised if a new owner willing to part with 200 mill and then a large investment in players will entrust that on a manager who has had 2 years and flirted with relegation....plus his 2 coaches are suspended.

does that sound like a man in control.

I would say the only chance he has of staying on is if Randy does....because he has done a job for Randy, not Villa and Randy may feel that he owes him.

Under the guise of someone buying us who has stupid wealth and willing to invest it I would like to see....

Ryan Bertrand, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams/Joleon Lescott, Ashley Young, James Milner, Mousa Dembele and Demba Ba come in.

The reason I have listed these players is they are all from the Premier League already so can hit the ground running and you don't go from where we are to buying Messi over night there are stepping stone players.

On top of this lower the ground add seats to all the stands and build the new North Stand.

From there we can become a mega club.

One can dream.

• Like 2

When I hear "the lion will roar again", I'm afraid I scoff at it through my young Villa fan goggles.

When I first went (I had no choice who to support anyway) it was 1990-91, and we took Inter Milan at home. First goal was a Platt penalty against Arsenal. When I was also a little un, we won the League Cup on my 10th birthday, then again two years later.

It stopped the moment the whistle blew to start the FA Cup in 2000.

Despite the false dawn of Randy, for which I am grateful despite the dreadful appointment of he who must not be named, it seems that this club is destined to be a "sleeping giant"; it has been for so many years, for numerous reasons. The longer a giant sleeps, the less the analogy is true.

There is one positive point to this, though, but we need a lot of luck for it to happen. Birmingham is (believe it or not) now one of the top areas to invest in - in the UK, and (again, believe it or not) in Europe. It is entirely possible that Birmingham's fate economically, and how (hopefully) the council can stop squabbling amongst themselves and get us to actually rival Manchester (a city of 350,000 -city limits- vs. 1m) will sow the seeds for how attractive we are to a buyer.

A buyer looks not just at the club, but the potential. I see little potential because Birmingham as a football city has been raped by Liverpool and Manchester - with much of the city's Asian population opting for teams from those cities. That is not a go at anyone, that is culturally what happen en masse with immigrants to Birmingham in the 1960's and 70's.

I also see little potential because I'm a moaning Brummie, and it's what we do. Please, Larry Ellison or whoever the feck you are, prove me wrong. I can't tell you how desperate I am to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

IF and I say IF it is Anschutz, I wonder if part of his plans are to not only fill in the corners but also put retractable roof on? It would appease locals complaints regards noise and also open up the ground as a more attractive concert venue.

Just a thought.

I got to meet Doug at the weekend and really wanted to bring up the bicycle thing but just couldn't do it.

I've always strongly disliked what he did at the club over the years, but it was painful seeing how frail he is now, wasn't far off having to crawl up the stairs.

You should have placed 1p at the top of those stairs & he would have been up there like a shot. ;)

• Like 3

Under the guise of someone buying us who has stupid wealth and willing to invest it I would like to see....

Ryan Bertrand, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams/Joleon Lescott, Ashley Young, James Milner, Mousa Dembele and Demba Ba come in.

The reason I have listed these players is they are all from the Premier League already so can hit the ground running and you don't go from where we are to buying Messi over night there are stepping stone players.

On top of this lower the ground add seats to all the stands and build the new North Stand.

One can dream.

That's a fairly rubbish team. Richards Lescott Young

Jesus wept

One can dream.

That's a fairly rubbish team. Richards Lescott Young

Jesus wept

Stepping stone players who are far better than what we have and not too pricey

• Like 1