$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I got to meet Doug at the weekend and really wanted to bring up the bicycle thing but just couldn't do it.

I've always strongly disliked what he did at the club over the years, but it was painful seeing how frail he is now, wasn't far off having to crawl up the stairs.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I'm not ITK in any way but I'm almost certain that if there is a takeover Ellison will have nothing to do with it. As I said, his name only keeps popping up because people desperately want it to be him.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I'm not ITK in any way but I'm almost certain that if there is a takeover Ellison will have nothing to do with it. As I said, his name only keeps popping up because people desperately want it to be him.

Yeah I don't understand why he'd suddenly one day wake up and think, 'I know, I think I'll throw £250m down the toilet on a bunch of ungrateful fans of a sport I have no interest in, in a city thousands of miles away'. The most likely scenario is a consortium of sports-mad million/billionaires, which I would take tbh.

• Like 1

I got to meet Doug at the weekend and really wanted to bring up the bicycle thing but just couldn't do it.

I've always strongly disliked what he did at the club over the years, but it was painful seeing how frail he is now, wasn't far off having to crawl up the stairs.

He is 90, got a knighthood, and still has most of his marbles. I would be pleased with that.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't understand why he'd suddenly one day wake up and think, 'I know, I think I'll throw £250m down the toilet on a bunch of ungrateful fans of a sport I have no interest in, in a city thousands of miles away'. The most likely scenario is a consortium of sports-mad million/billionaires, which I would take tbh.

Ungrateful fans?

• Like 1

I saw a Virgin plane fly into international today :o:o:o:o:o:o:o !! is it Richard Branson????

Think about it guys he OWNS virgin!!!!

Meaning it's possible he was on the plane.

I could also see a man with long blonde hair in the window. I'm putting money on this

Virgin Villa play at Virgin Park?

Ungrateful fans?

We should be proud of his mismanagement tbf.

I'm surprised the Chinese guys who were linked with Southampton haven't been mentioned as a possibility, if people are guessing random names.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new owners weren't American afterall.

• Like 2

Larry Ellison would be cool, but he is turning 70 and why would he spend his last operational decade following a football club in England? Sure, he doesn't have to be at Villa Park every week but it's not like this is going to be an investment for him like Man Utd is for the Glazer-family. They could sell up tomorrow and make money, Ellison would have to invest hundreds of millions in Villa and he wouldn't return a dime before he's six feet under.

Rumors in the US says he is desperately trying to get his hands on a NBA team, which makes sense since he's a basketball fan. Him taking over Villa? No chance (IMO).

So, Journalists suddenly following Ellison even though he barely tweets? Either they are dopey enough to think they might glean some information from him through twitter or there may actually be something in this. Can't see any other reason for them to follow him.

1 tweet 2years ago , hard to keep up with him, wonder dose the know his twitter acc has been invaded by villa fans

I'm surprised the Chinese guys who were linked with Southampton haven't been mentioned as a possibility, if people are guessing random names.

Wouldn't surprise me if the new owners weren't American afterall.

And David Thomson. After all the company that Thomson owns (Reuters) did publish an article this morning about Lerner making an announcement.  

Well we do know there was a couple of Private jets from Toronto at Birmingham Airport recently and The Trees said that that was strange. But could have been nothing. I'd think Thomson more likely than Ellison though.

• Like 1

Doug did not leave the club £20million to sign players, the opposite in fact, he refused to sanction the transfer of Stan petrov because randy was yet to take full ownership of the club and didn't want to get lumbered with a £6million transfer fee

Well we do know there was a couple of Private jets from Toronto at Birmingham Airport recently and The Trees said that that was strange. But could have been nothing. I'd think Thomson more likely than Ellison though.

Where is TT? I think he knows the buyer but is not telling anybody.  ;)

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I do not think Ellison will be the man in charge come next season.

Saying that, for a bit of fun I just added him as VIlla chairman on FM14, just for kicks. :)

• Like 1

Been watching some old villa footage from the 70s,80s and early to mid 90s. Was some really great moments and some low moments, but what stuck out for me is what a great old club we are. I watched the final replay v everton at old trafford where we won the league cup in 77, those vintage claret and blue shirts looked amazing and our support was top class. It was quite depressing in a way because football back then was great, everything about those days was what football was all about. Fast forward to now and you can see how much its declined. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that ok we might be in a rut right now but we support one of the true great clubs of english football. We really should be proud of our history and what aston villa meant to football at one point. I watched some old games at villa park against the likes of barcelona,juventus,man utd and watched the full game against inter when phil king put away the penalty to send us through. The atmosphere that night at villa park was something else, the crowd was totally with us and totally against the italians. Yet again I felt a bit depressed as I forgot how great and unique the old trinity road looked and all the flags that were being held up all over the ground. There is moments that this club will never see again like the intimidating holte end where thousands of people would be swaying about, which resembled a tidal wave. But I must believe we can be a force again, we are a big club with the potential to be a monster, we are a very proud club where very few clubs can match our history and tradition. Everything about our club tells us that its one of the great clubs of world football. We are desperate for someone to come in and take us where we need to be, I'm not saying winning trophies all the time but putting the excitement back into this club and challenging the other top clubs. If we can get things together behind the scenes then start to get a team together on the pitch I really believe in a few years we can be challenging the top 4. We could be averaging 45k to 50k no problem, our fanbase is very big. We live in reality at the moment and its shit but I want a bit of glory. I want to feel like I did when I was watching those great games from our past. We forget how lucky we are to support such a great club, we need those great days back and I know in time it will come.

I'm with you mate.....we'll be back.

• Like 2