$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Maybe the Clippers guy will be after a new hobby.  :detect:

And he can ban all those pesky black people from the grounds!... No thanks

I wasn't being serious but I think he's about as likely as this Ellison chap.

Maybe the Clippers guy will be after a new hobby.  :detect:

And he can ban all those pesky black people from the grounds!... No thanks

I wasn't being serious but I think he's about as likely as this Ellison chap.

Thought you might have missed the outburst he had :) youre right though, but atleast id welcome Ellison here!

the idea of a prospective owner "making a last minute bid" tickles me. For sums of many millions, and long term investment, yep, gonna do that "at the last minute".

In business there's nothing strange about that at all.

I wonder if all the billionaires ring each other up and say "Hey guys. Check out VillaTalk they are taking about us" 

Then they all go off to do whatever it is billionaires do while chuckling to themselves 

• Like 1

Few scenarios re the lerner statement

1.I am still committed to Aston Villa football club. PL will be given increased funds to build a stronger Aston Villa.

2.I am prepared to sell - but no offers received and nothing is imminent (the worst case scenario IMO)

3.I am prepared to sell and negotiations are ongoing with a couple of parties - I can't give timescales at the moment

4. Negotiations are at an advanced stage - the deal should be done by June 1 (or other not to distant date)

5.The Deal is done the new owner of Aston Villa is.........

Scenarios 2 & 3 are the worst - the squad needs additions and we need to get cracking with that. What I don't is the club in Limbo come august - not sure who the owner, manager is - and not able to recruit players...

Few scenarios re the lerner statement

1.I am still committed to Aston Villa football club. PL will be given increased funds to build a stronger Aston Villa.

2.I am prepared to sell - but no offers received and nothing is imminent (the worst case scenario IMO)

3.I am prepared to sell and negotiations are ongoing with a couple of parties - I can't give timescales at the moment

4. Negotiations are at an advanced stage - the deal should be done by June 1 (or other not to distant date)

5.The Deal is done the new owner of Aston Villa is.........

Scenarios 2 & 3 are the worst - the squad needs additions and we need to get cracking with that. What I don't is the club in Limbo come august - not sure who the owner, manager is - and not able to recruit players...

That's a pretty good summary of what we're potentially looking at this time next week.

I'd like to believe a deal with someone had been agreed in principal during the season and now we've maintained Premier League status it can be signed off.

I don't think Randy would ever announce that the club is for sale. I think the closest to that would be him saying that he's committed to Villa but if someone came in who could make a real difference then he'd listen to their offer.

I think when he makes his announcement it's either going to be that he's staying put or that he's found or in negotiations with a new buyer/investor.

2,3 & 4 are not realistic scenarios & Lerner (nor any other chairman) would never talk openly about ifs, buts & maybes.

The only realistic scenarios are 1 & 5. If it were 1, Lerner could have said it when he last spoke publicly a couple of weeks back.

This leaves only scenario 5 as a realistic option.

Bye bye Randy, thanks for the memories.

I might be the only one here, but I would like PL to get another chance. But this time with backing from the new owners.

Before he came to us, he was classed as a upcoming young manager with a bright future.

I agree, the team have played well so let him have the opportunity with extra funds so give him another season.

• Like 1

I might be the only one here, but I would like PL to get another chance. But this time with backing from the new owners.

Before he came to us, he was classed as a upcoming young manager with a bright future.

Youre not the only one. I think things might have been a dam site worse without him. - But I feel his credibility has gone - he has no coaching staff, missing his star striker for the start of next season. Not many managers recover from where PL is - I like the bloke, cruel luck with injuries - but equally some dire results - I think a fresh start my be best for everyone...

• Like 2

Somebody on TBAR believes Larry Ellison has made a last minute bid. 

I know. He just gazumped me on Ebay. Seriously? Did you forget to activate your horsesh*t filter before you posted this? Someone gave me grief before on here for not letting people have fun speculating but I'm fed up with all the nonsense rumours, Sneijder, Yakomoto or whatever his name was. There's no such thing as the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, or Jesus and Ellison is not buying the club.

And Lerner is not some conniving antagonist who has being trying to bring us down like some retarded sites are saying. He just made some poor decisions down the line. Some of the things said about him(not necessarily on here) are disgusting.

Chill. It is just speculation.  ;)

2,3 & 4 are not realistic scenarios & Lerner (nor any other chairman) would never talk openly about ifs, buts & maybes.

The only realistic scenarios are 1 & 5. If it were 1, Lerner could have said it when he last spoke publicly a couple of weeks back.

This leaves only scenario 5 as a realistic option.

Bye bye Randy, thanks for the memories.

Dunno - Lerner doesn't like the press - so might want to set the agenda about when he says what. 'Don't ask until the end of the season' kinda thing.

Quite a few chairman say they are prepared to sell - but claim no interest - Doug did it for years.

I just hope its all done swiftly - and get some real leadership and expertise at the top... 

I'm sure Larry Ellison won't be buying us but he's no more or less likely than any of the other names people have been guessing at from what we know. You can turn around and say such and such person isn't going to buy us and your more than likely going to be right.

Why would he come out and say "I'm increasing funds"?

You've missed out on potential outside investment.

To tell other clubs our intentions in the summer dummy.  ;)

When Lerner first open about there being money for players. I think with agents nowadays - the idea you get a better deal, by pretending you have limited funds isn't so clear cut