$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Mancini was yet another successful Serie A manager who wasn't suited to the league.

Even though he won it? As did Ancellotti. Can't think of that many other Italian managers in the Prem.

Mancini won it by the skin of his teeth with a fantastic side of superstars, plus there were criticisms over the style of play which is to be expected when so much money had been spent.

Ancellotti was unlucky but seemed to suffer from second season syndrome.

Mancini would equal the Chelsea way, play not to concede and nick a goal or two.

Personally, would rather go the Liverpool way, play to win with exciting, free flowing football.

Mancini also means Platt, would rather not have them two gurning in the dugout on Match days full stop.

No doubt Platt would then mention how much he loved his time at the Villa. Seems to have forgotten he played here. Shame 'cause he was a great player for us

But asked if he can say with certainty that he will still be boss by the time Villa return to action at Villa Park next season, Lambert could only reply: “I hope so.”

He's got a year left on his contract, the season ends in less than a week and the best he can say about his future he is "I hope so."

See ya paul.

But asked if he can say with certainty that he will still be boss by the time Villa return to action at Villa Park next season, Lambert could only reply: “I hope so.”

He's got a year left on his contract, the season ends in less than a week and the best he can say about his future he is "I hope so."

See ya paul.

Not much wrong with saying that. It is really only what most managers can say.

See ya paul.

Not much wrong with saying that. It is really only what most managers can say.

Oh I agree there's not much he can say because he's going. If he was going to be here I think he'd sound more confident about it.

Somebody on TBAR believes Larry Ellison has made a last minute bid. 

The same poster who said that an Italian with Lazio connections might be lined up for the manager's job. I've no idea whether or not he knows anything but I would have thought if Ellison really was interested then that interest would have been there for a while. Unless he's heard the rumours about himself and thought actually that might not be such a bad idea : )

• Like 1

I think the body language & tone of his interviews suggest that PL is aware that a takeover is about to happen. It could well be possible that within conversations with Lerner, that PL has asked him to clarify his position within the new regime. This is a perfectly reasonable question to ask & I'm sure that Lerner would have asked it on Lamberts behalf.

My gut feeling and instinct is that the prospective buyer will have advised that they have their own man lined up.

Hopefully things will move at a fairly rapid pace from next week onwards.

Somebody on TBAR believes Larry Ellison has made a last minute bid. 

The same poster who said that an Italian with Lazio connections might be lined up for the manager's job. I've no idea whether or not he knows anything but I would have thought if Ellison really was interested then that interest would have been there for a while. Unless he's heard the rumours about himself and thought actually that might not be such a bad idea : )

Unless AEG and Larry Ellison are joining forces to buy us.... :detect:

• Like 1

That would be interesting. He's joining forces with Oprah Winfrey and some other guy to try and buy the LA Clippers so we know he's not adverse to being part of a consortium. I think he actually tried to AEG at oone point.

If Ellison wants to buy the LA Clippers, which apparently he does, then would he also be interested in simultaneously purchasing a PL club?

I thought exactly the same then read abit more into it and theres 3-4 Billionaires after buying LA Clippers and that the owner doesnt want to sell.

If Ellison wants to buy the LA Clippers, which apparently he does, then would he also be interested in simultaneously purchasing a PL club?

I thought exactly the same then read abit more into it and theres 3-4 Billionaires after buying LA Clippers and that the owner doesnt want to sell.

Very true, but it appears that Ellison is the richest, and that he is very keen to buy a basketball team. It also appears that he owns a number of properties in LA and his two children live there.

It is true that the current owner doesn't want to sell, but apparently the NBA can force a sale as long as there is a majority vote amongst the other owners.

I think the body language & tone of his interviews suggest that PL is aware that a takeover is about to happen. It could well be possible that within conversations with Lerner, that PL has asked him to clarify his position within the new regime. This is a perfectly reasonable question to ask & I'm sure that Lerner would have asked it on Lamberts behalf.

My gut feeling and instinct is that the prospective buyer will have advised that they have their own man lined up.

Agree I think he already knows he is going _its over.

Very true, but it appears that Ellison is the richest, and that he is very keen to buy a basketball team. It also appears that he owns a number of properties in LA and his two children live there.

It is true that the current owner doesn't want to sell, but apparently the NBA can force a sale as long as there is a majority vote amongst the other owners.

Yeah there is no chance the current Clippers owner will remain. He's already been banned from attending game or any facilities owned by the team.

Agree I think he already knows he is going _its over.

But its fair bet that Lamberts time here would be up - even if Lerner were staying. The results alone are enough to condemn Lambert.  So yeah Lambert knowing its over - doesn't necessarily mean a takeover.. 

There are too many things pointing towards a takeover. Lambert is a separate issue.

Given what Lerner has recently said publicly about Lambert, its highly unlikely that he would sack him even if he was still here in August (which he won't be)

• Like 1

the idea of a prospective owner "making a last minute bid" tickles me. For sums of many millions, and long term investment, yep, gonna do that "at the last minute". 

• Like 2