$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Hard to speculate on future managers until we see who is in charge.. how much money they have and how much they are willing to put in. I am sure in the press conference they will announce their ambitions for our great club. If they come out and say 'We arent here to just compete.. we are hear to win the league and bring in the best players' then i would expect Klopp style manager (up and coming young manager).

We just have to wait and see what happens first. This is mighty exciting now that we are safe!!

Interesting that people are backing Anschultz whilst criticising Lerner for not being a self-made man and for not speaking publicly.

But that's all fine if he's backing the club and things are going well...just when Lerner was first here. With Lerner it was when he stopped bothering it became a problem.

Mancini is wank. Can someone explain to me what he did over and above all other candidates to get the city job

He won Serie A three years in a row, pretty strong CV really. City weren't really that close to the title when he took over.

Indeed. He's far from "wank". His reputation is somewhat (rightly?) tarnished by his time at city which would make him gettable to us should a takeover happen, with substantial amounts of money made available.

Despite my strong reservations, obviously I'd be excited. He'd be far and away the biggest "name" we'd ever appointed, O'Neill included.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

But he did have a pretty much open cheque book

But so did Mark Hughes and Sven. Not saying it was the hardest job to do, though beating Fergie to the title is an achievement for a club with no recent history of being winners.

• Like 1

I'd still rather not have a manager that has any ties with another Premier League club. It could be Houllier all over again, with the fans crying that he didn't wave to them. <br />

<br />

Whether we're taken over or not, if Lambert is given the boot, I'd like us to look far and wide for a young, exciting manager who plays an attacking, passing game (eg: Pochettino). It's a risk, but we've been risking for the last 3 years. At least this risk could see us playing some decent football.

Mancini was yet another successful Serie A manager who wasn't suited to the league.

Even though he won it? As did Ancellotti. Can't think of that many other Italian managers in the Prem.

Mancini won it by the skin of his teeth with a fantastic side of superstars, plus there were criticisms over the style of play which is to be expected when so much money had been spent.

Ancellotti was unlucky but seemed to suffer from second season syndrome.

How would you all feel if someone did come in with mega money, but changed the club colours and name?

I'd probably cry, rend my hair, and then end up supporting somebody else. In what meaningful way would that club be Aston Villa? It wouldn't, it wouldn't exist anymore. 

Mancini was yet another successful Serie A manager who wasn't suited to the league.

Even though he won it? As did Ancellotti. Can't think of that many other Italian managers in the Prem.

Mancini won it by the skin of his teeth with a fantastic side of superstars, plus there were criticisms over the style of play which is to be expected when so much money had been spent.

Ancellotti was unlucky but seemed to suffer from second season syndrome.

Mancini would equal the Chelsea way, play not to concede and nick a goal or two.

Personally, would rather go the Liverpool way, play to win with exciting, free flowing football.

Mancini also means Platt, would rather not have them two gurning in the dugout on Match days full stop.

Edited by macandally

Off the top of my head Gianfranco Zola, Paulo Di Canio, Claudio Ranieri, Gianluca Vialli & Roberto Di Matteo.

Bit of a mixed bag of successes & failures really.

It'll be 'I'm selling, but not revealing who to yet because negotiations are ongoing'.

I hope we have new owner and manager (or lambert told he is staying) well before the WC so we can start doing deals.

• Like 1

As long as the new board run the club properly that's the main thing, not spending loads of money.

I agree, dont get me wrong id be over the moon if we got tons of money, but it needs to be spent wisely irregardless of the ammount

• Like 2