$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think that statement definetly means we're being taken over and I think the fact it came only a couple of days after that admin said it was signed, sealed, delivered gives them a bit of credibility.

Well he screwed that up by saying another party had entered the bidding.

TBAR and VT can co-exist peacefully.

I don't understand comments like this.

We're not at war. The only comments which suggest we are are ones like you've posted. When we discuss the credibility of The Mirror or Twitter or The Guardian it's not an us vs them. It's simply discussing how credible we think a source is. It's no different for TBAR. 

HeyAnty

Doesn't take a genius to work it out eh?

Funny that because nobody mentioned we would prior to Admins announcement.

We must all be such geniuses that it was a given & therefore didn't need mentioning-We've just notched up 70 pages since it came out for the sake of it.

Yeah everyone mentioned it, for the past 6 months. Just read through Lerners threads. As its moving to the end of season everyone is going to talk about it more and TBAR site was the catalyst. Also people will grasp on to anything, including myself, were takeover talk is mentioned. Gives everyone a feel good factor and lets face it there hasnt been many over the past 4 years.

How can you explain the Admin saying Lambert had left, or even naming the 2 new owners if the takeover wasnt imminent? Yes he got the Culverhouse thing spot on which is why everyone is now believing everything else he is saying.

P.s. Are you the Admin of TBAR?

The TBAR stuff is dodgy at best. Fishing for new posters and ad clicks.

They have a bloke on there using the MYSTERYMAN handle and style. He has claimed Anschutz is the new owner.

Personally take over is possible. Detail is bull.

We're not at war. The only comments which suggest we are are ones like you've posted. When we discuss the credibility of The Mirror or Twitter or The Guardian it's not an us vs them. It's simply discussing how credible we think a source is. It's no different for TBAR. 

I am joking.

Wow really guys. We are all Villa fans on different forums. Why must there be a competition. Were all on these forums for the same reason. I don't like how its that forum vs this forum or whatever. They had some good information so they passed it on. Not all ITK's can get it right.. as guess what? Shit happens. Things change.

I am joking.

Oh, I thought jokes were supposed to be funny ;)

this guessing names thing is going to be a bit like talksport guessing that mcleish was our new manager, conveniently forgetting the other 10+ names they'd linked us to whilst they spent the rest of summer basking in the glory of their superior knowledge

if you throw enough shit...

The Express article mentioned two Billionaires who were American and James Nursey tweeted that he'd been told that the potential new owners might be Texans and then the Sunday People article made the connection with a Major League Baseball team. All these put together point in the direction of Davis and Simpson.

But now they've denied interest, (Although they could just be saying that) so we're upto Randy's statement and anything could happen next.

There is no smoke without fire and if the owner plans to tell us there is no deal of any sort at the end of the season then I would guess there will be more than a few fans who will be far from happy about that unless he plans to inject some serious cash himself into the playing side which I very much doubt.

I had wondered whether the loss of Lambert's right hand men might have been linked to the news having come out of a potential takeover when clearly neither a buyer or seller would have wanted that made public and had doubted that 3 men who had been together so long could have fallen out so soon but I guess the manager would have been unlikely to have sat tight and accepted those departures had he had a real problem with them.

I would expect there to be potential buyers out there. But the questions are will they be prepared to see Randy walking away with everything he has paid or invested in the club or will he be prepared to lower the figure he asks should it bring the right team into the club?

I think he does want out but the sticking point may prove to be his asking price. I doubt he wants to retain any part of the club and that if he did major players would be prepared to sink in enough cash under those circumstances to make a difference. 

I like most want our safety made secure and then changes made without further delay that will prevent us facing season after season of relegation fears. I want that bright future but I do not now know who if anyone is currently willing to make it happen. 

If there was a takeover planned i still don't get why Lerner pumped 90 million of his own money in paying off debt? Why not just sell for 90 mill less? Could it be lerners intention to have another crack at it?

VT ers will always be VT ers so no need to worry there. However ITKs do get slaughtered on here, granted alot of it may be BS but it does ruin the fun a little. Even genuine ITKs ain't gonna always get things right. I thought the way TBAR did the New owners "announcement" was cheesy to say the very least though and thats when my doubts about their credibility wavered somewhat. Still no smoke without fire though and all the recent statements and reports point to significant happenings.

If there was a takeover planned i still don't get why Lerner pumped 90 million of his own money in paying off debt? Why not just sell for 90 mill less? Could it be lerners intention to have another crack at it?

I don't know anything about business but did he just transfer the debt to himself.. and so if he leaves the club owe him money? As is the same with Chelsea.

Just after he did that I was shown a forward of a text message rumoured to have been from Paul Faulkner that said it was for the redevelopment of the North Stand ,complete with Dennis Mortimer statue outside..  ( you can probably find my original post on the forum with the search button  , it may have had more details that I've since forgotten )

I can't say how legit that text was , I just passed it on as interesting at the time as a sort of  lets see .... I was given to believe he was seeking additional investment rather than looking to sell   ..

it's possible that the plans have changed , it's possible the original message I saw was a load of bull  , do CE's even send text messages ??