$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

And we're off..............

1. The Culverhouse thing (other than he was suspended, not sacked)

2. That a takeover is on the cards

They named the owners prematurely & discovered afterwards that its possible someone else is interested.

Unless their source is either Lerner or Falkner, the info is not going to be up to that presise moment.

The fact that leaks are filtering out should tell even the most stupid on here that its at quite an advanced stage.

Lerner didn't place an ad in the Times last week & get responses in the space of a week. Its been going on for months without anyone knowing. Its only now as things have progressed that more & more people are having to become involved-This makes it more likely that news will filter out which is whats happened.

Why is it at an advanced stage? Because they say so? Talk of a takeover has been ongoing for months, just the rumours have increased the past week, hence why Lerner saw the need to respond. Chances are we will be taken over but it doesnt take a genius to work that one out.

Sure they said Lambert had left, then came up with something that the post had been doctored and named the 2 who had bought us. Back tracked again when they issued a denial of interest.

That site should be put on the black list.

Nobody has stated a takeover was imminent. Many have speculated that Lerner was preparing for a sale, myself included. The Sun ran a report some time back that Lerner had employed an agency to seek a prospective buyer which Falkner promptly denied.

Everything fits & the end of the season is obviously the right time for a changeover to take place.

The Admin guy is not getting his info from Lerner, he is getting it from someone much further down the food chain. The info is probably a week or so old by the time Admins source gets it. It was just bad timing the way he announced what he did, just before his source discovered further info. This doesn't make the info incorrect.

If Admin was making it up, why would he discredit himself by changing the story within 12 hours of posting the original? Think about it logically.

Nobody has stated a takeover was imminent. Many have speculated that Lerner was preparing for a sale, myself included. The Sun ran a report some time back that Lerner had employed an agency to seek a prospective buyer which Falkner promptly denied.

Everything fits & the end of the season is obviously the right time for a changeover to take place.

The Admin guy is not getting his info from Lerner, he is getting it from someone much further down the food chain. The info is probably a week or so old by the time Admins source gets it. It was just bad timing the way he announced what he did, just before his source discovered further info. This doesn't make the info incorrect.

If Admin was making it up, why would he discredit himself by changing the story within 12 hours of posting the original? Think about it logically.

One glimmer is - that he may have been ' leaned on' to shut up - so he discredited his own story to protect the source of his info 

HeyAnty

Doesn't take a genius to work it out eh?

Funny that because nobody mentioned we would prior to Admins announcement.

We must all be such geniuses that it was a given & therefore didn't need mentioning-We've just notched up 70 pages since it came out for the sake of it.

Given how the Lerner's statement in the official webzone was worded, I think there's at least something going on, be it club being sold or new investors/partial owners coming in. Also that takeover has been in the newspapers (or "newspapers"), albeit on shit ones is indication that something's going on as I don't think even they would run with the story based on what someone says in a fan forum.

Edited by Jarpie

Given how the Lerner's statement in the official webzone was worded, I think there's at least something going on, be it club being sold or new investors/partial owners coming in. Also that takeover has been in the newspapers (or "newspapers"), albeit on shit ones is indication that something's going on as I don't think even they would run with the story based on what someone says in a fan forum.

Don't forget Lerner is a very private man - the statement could just be   'you won't be hearing from me until the season ends' nothing more than that...

Don't forget Lerner is a very private man - the statement could just be   'you won't be hearing from me until the season ends' nothing more than that...

But a man who is so private issuing that kind of statement is still quite odd at the very least.

• Like 1

Given how the Lerner's statement in the official webzone was worded, I think there's at least something going on, be it club being sold or new investors/partial owners coming in.

I think it was worded to be deliberately misleading to try to placate the fans until the summer when they thought there was a danger of the home crowd turning after the Lambert out chants the previous game.

Also BJ- All these sceptics that have suddenly appeared made a deafening silence for days. All of a sudden (on the back of Admins 2nd statement) they're all coming out of the woodwork. They all kenw we were being taken over anyway, Admin hasn't posted anything that we didn't already know & everything he's posted is BS.