Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Next manager should be Paul Lambert

I really hope its not.

Really?  You surprise me,  your posts have been so supportive recently!

Edited by Richard
  • Like 2

Haha not sure you're one to make sarcastic comments regarding posting the same thing. This seasons turned out great just like him being backed and then some.

How was he backed yesterday John?

Backing,  it turns out,  takes many forms not just in money.  Backing is also sicking with someone through thick and thin when things get tough and when there may be a clamour for someone to be fired

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Haha not sure you're one to make sarcastic comments regarding posting the same thing. This seasons turned out great just like him being backed and then some.

Backing,  it turns out,  takes many forms not just in money.  Backing is also sicking with someone through thick and thin when things get tough and when there may be a clamour for someone to be fired

Well I'm sick of him.  :D

I really hope the next manager whoever he is -focuses on putting the best possible Aston Villa team on the pitch for the following season - and let somebody else worry about 3 or 5 year plans.

You don't think managers should plan for the future?

• Like 1

I really hope the next manager whoever he is -focuses on putting the best possible Aston Villa team on the pitch for the following season - and let somebody else worry about 3 or 5 year plans.

Yeah because that worked out really well under Martin O'Neill and definitely hasn't contributed to this whole mess in the first place.

• Like 2

They're going to want to hire someone with Premier League experience, someone young and willing to accept the limitations put on him, and someone who presumably has an affinity for Aston Villa. 

Gareth Southgate, take a bow...

Well I'm sick of him.  :D

I just sicked him up, I think.  :huh:

I think they should pick someone off VT.

Me?  ;) I am unavailable. 

Has to be me. 13 years managing adult and kids teams with 2 cup finals and several promotions on my CV. No brainer really!  :D

Yeah because that worked out really well under Martin O'Neill and definitely hasn't contributed to this whole mess in the first place.

Football is the here and now though. - It shouldn't be taking 3-4 seasons to assemble a decent villa team . 

Lerner had a 5 year plan with O'Neill. Krulak talked about it all the time. It was just the wrong plan and one that couldn't be afforded or delivered.

Edited by briny_ear