Who realistically should be the next villa manager?

donnie

Ugh, I don't want to see Potato Head managing us.

He looks like he was whacked in the face with a shovel.

Curiously most of us look at the football coaching and organisational skills of a potential manager, rather than whether we would like to have sex with them

;)

• Like 3

Ugh, I don't want to see Potato Head managing us.

He looks like he was whacked in the face with a shovel.

Curiously most of us look at the football coaching and organisational skills of a potential manager, rather than whether we would like to have sex with them

;)

We do!?

Oh right, yeah, we do! :ph34r:

Paul Lambert is still the man to take us forward.   There's still so much football to play this season and the only time I would re-assess this situation is when the season has ended.

If Lerner remains as Chairman and if the club operates on the same budget there are very few mangers out there who could take us forward.  We're two years into a plan and - as with all plans - you need to be strong enough to stick with it if you want it to yield fruit.

• Like 1

Laudrup's record at the two clubs he was at prior to Swansea is worse than Lambert's at Villa.  What is it about his achievements to date that makes anyone think he could take Villa forward in this period of austerity?  When he left Swansea they were (I think) lower down the table than Villa, too? 

Edited by McGregor1888
  • Like 1

Laudrup's record at the two clubs he was at prior to Swansea is worse than Lambert's at Villa.  What is it about his achievements to date that makes anyone think he could take Villa forward in this period of austerity?  When he left Swansea they were (I think) lower down the table than Villa, too? 

Having just won a title and playing in Europe

Laudrup's record at the two clubs he was at prior to Swansea is worse than Lambert's at Villa. What is it about his achievements to date that makes anyone think he could take Villa forward in this period of austerity? When he left Swansea they were (I think) lower down the table than Villa, too?

I suppose it was his league cup win, occasionally attractive football and capture of Michu for peanuts.

I agree he hasn't done much better/worse than Lambert, and I'm a fan of Lambert, but I think I'd rather fail by trying to play attractively, than fail with long balls to Benteke and Holt. It's a tough choice.

Bruce is a ship-steadier - not the the kind of guy who can help us kick on.

Not that I would really want Bruce (other than in a straight choice between him and Lambert), but how haven't Hull kicked on?  Almost certain to stay up, and in the FA Cup final, and generally playing good football.  For a club like Hull, that's beyong their wildest dreams.

Lambert is doing his best to sink the good ship Aston Villa, and all those who sail in her.

he did a good job at Mallorca in similar situation to what Villa is in though in their case they never had money. did decent job at Getafe as well

i cant believe people are actually suggetsing fistface. no way would i take him. he is a half decent manager but completely unlikeable bloke who plays shite football

id go as far a sto say id rather have pulis than fistface

I don't think Lambert deserves the sack. He's not even been here long and has had to reduce the wage bill whilst being extremely unlucky with injuries. You'll all think he's the best manager in the world again if he gets wins against Man City or Spurs you fickle lot!

• Like 2