Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

24 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Beric? His purpose was to protect the one who will kill the Night King, sounds OK to me.

Could the Lord of Light not just have binned him out the first time he died and just put all his efforts into making sure that Brienne or Gendry happened to be standing in that particular doorway at that time instead?

Hell, just tell Melisandre to set a fire in that doorway after Arya runs through it. Job done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Scenes when the ending is every bit as satisfying as the one in LOST.

Well they are on a magical island, only this time you don't start out in a wheelchair and get your legs back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Could the Lord of Light not just have binned him out the first time he died and just put all his efforts into making sure that Brienne or Gendry happened to be standing in that particular doorway at that time instead?

The plot is dark and full of errors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I swear if they give us a bullshit ending that it was all a dream or vision I am going to be absolutely fuming.

that would be the shittest ending

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I swear if they give us a bullshit ending that it was all a dream or vision I am going to be absolutely fuming.

Do you really think that would happen, Dem? :D 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I really hope not!!!! 

I hate it when they do things like that in shows. 

I'd say the chances of Game of Thrones ending with "It was allll a dream" are about the same as me ending up on the Iron Throne

• Haha 3

It's not a bad episode, technically for a TV episode it's crazy what they achieve, the scale of it is incredible, it's just let down by stupid stuff*, spots of bad writing, inability to establish believable peril and then I think more than anything else not being what people wanted it to be

They have to close bran / the night king off properly rather than thinking that's job done but they didn't have to do it mid battle

*the stupidest thing for me is when the dead stop before the lot trench and everyone just watched them, they break through and it's "oh shit we better shoot arrows at them and man the walls"

• Like 1

That’s my main issue with the episode - there’s so much stupid. However, I did read that Jon doesn’t scream in the dragon’s face for the sake of it; it’s blocking the entrance to the wood and he’s shouting “Gooo! Go! Go!” to Arya, distracting it so she can get past. I’ve watched it back and it’s plausible. I’m just not sure if it’s giving the writers too much credit based on much of the rest of the episode.

I hope that there turns out to be some significance to Bran warging right up until the Night King arrived in the wood and the prolonged look between the two of them. But I doubt it. In that moment they had me expecting a bombshell - the Night King speaking or Bran greeting him by his real (familiar) name.

On 03/05/2019 at 06:58, Demitri_C said:

dallas1.png

Edited by sidcow

The battle was a bit Penelope Pitstop. 

People surrounded and hopelessly outnumbered and about to be overrun 5 minutes later still hopelessly outnumbered and about to be overrun. 

It's also so implausible that the whitewalkers are so powerful and quick they can cut a man to pieces before he knows they are there most of the time, can snuff out a Dothraki full on charge in a matter of seconds yet in a battle they can have 5 of them pin a man to a wall and for some reason barely lay a finger on him. 

However as a whole the episode I thought was breathtaking.  So immense, it would wouldn't have been out of place in any large budget film, for a TV episode quite astonishing. 

Yes too dark (in a literal sense) but this is a problem with many shows and films. 

The Dothraki charge WAS electric and so atmospheric with the seemingly unstoppable mass of flames heading to the enemy then the lights winking out. 

The inhuman self sacrifice to create a bridge over the flames, the bringing back alive of the original dead AND your own dead. 

Quite epic. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On 03/05/2019 at 15:58, Demitri_C said:

Don't you think that the time loop in the the plot has added to the show..?

Would you be disappointed with GOT ending in a similarly spectacular way as The Matrix..?

Perhaps one of the greatest pieces of visual media in modern times.

Edited by A'Villan

Â