Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

I think this one is worth the read, but goes deep. So bear with me, and maybe you'll bare with me.

Symbology is rife throughout the story..

Examples should probably precede what I'm about to write to give a greater context, but I want to cut to the chase..

Spirals, circles and wheels. We see them throughout.. What do they represent?

The Umber boy pinned to the wall at The Last Hearth with the limbs around him.. Are the exact same formation used by the Children of the Forest in the Night King's creation.

Symbolic, or what? Coincidence? We'll see. If there is meaning, then what is the message?

From the corpses of the dead left in circle formation by Walkers in the very first episode, to Daenerys being engulfed in a circle of flames, emerging as the Mother of Dragons..

Jon is circled by the dead on numerous occasions, Daenerys by the Dothraki and by the slaves when she liberates them from their masters..

Alright, A'Villan, you said you were going to cut to the chase. Does Tormund Giantsbane have hanky panky with Brienne of Tarth, or not?

Seriously though, I'm doing my best.. Circles, spirals, wheels and their meaning..

Daenerys:
"Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell. They’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top, then that one’s on top. And on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground."
Tyrion:
"It’s a beautiful dream, stopping the wheel. You’re not the first person who’s ever dreamt it."
Daenerys:
"I’m not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel."

What if I told you (this is where you'll have to bear in order to bare with me), that the symbology behind the circles, spirals and wheels represented a cycle. The cycle of life.
They say context is everything and this is where I will possibly lose you (if you're still even with me)..
But my word(s) are like my (s)word, only one ends where the other begins.
The bible was written in the Near East. That means that it was written by people who think like Easterners and not like us, Westerners, or Westerosi.
In the Western way, we think in a linear way and focuses on appearances..
Man is walking down a pathway and there's a tree, he sees tree, walks past the tree, the tree is now in his past, it's gone, he's never going to see the tree again, forgets about the tree..
It's not in his sight.. it doesn't appear to him (remember focus on appearances).. He keeps moving on a linear path..
In the Eastern way, we think in a cyclical way (takes us back to the source, back to the beginning) and focuses not on appearances, but on function..
Man is walking down a path, sees a tree, keeps walking, cyclical path brings him around, again he sees the tree, he goes around, again he sees the tree.. cyclical..
Each time he sees the tree he sees something different about the tree, he begins learning about the tree (remember focus on function)..
A bit like the Three-Eyed Raven, no?

"You're a good man, Theon. Thank you."
Theon then fulfills his purpose, or function.
Are you with me? I hope so.
Don't fear, even I am eager to get there. Patience is virtue.

It's beyond long story becoming short, but here's what I think will happen..
Bran was never the target for the Night King. The reason we see Jon and Dany constantly circled is because the target is their child (the Prince or Princess who was promised)..
The cycle of life remember..
The message from the Night King left at the Last Hearth was a child at the center of a spiral (or cycle), and that child is that of Jon and Dany.. He is coming to kill that child.
How it unravels.. I don't know..

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

What was that weird look between Bran and the Night King at the end? It was almost like go on then you know what to do. 

You could be on to something..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Risso said:

Have watched it again, and yep, load of old shite.  Dreadful, dreadful writing that almost seemed to ruin all of the great storylines in all of the previous series.  

Putting aside the fact that it was physically almost unwatchable, there were so many holes it was laughable.  Just because a series is based on fantasy and magic, doesn't mean it should completely suspend logic altogether.

The only potential redeeming feature is that I hope the human politicking and bitching gets ramped up again, because the whole "Winter is Coming" narrative was massively botched last night.

I think they have just gone full hollywood now with no creativity at all. They have only the loose outline of the finish of the series from GRR Martin and because of that they are just following the same old uninventive, tired stereotypes.

As for the episode, it started okay but got worse as it went on. The fact that everyone had to stop and turn the brightness up on their TV to see anything was insanity. They should have just put a warning at the start of the episode that we couldn't afford proper HD CGI so we broke out the black palette everywhere. Also the constant use of 'character X is swarmed by enemies and certain to die, cut away to different scene, cut back and suddenly all those enemies have disappeared and character X escapes' is being over used so much.

Edited by villa89

If Cleganebowl happens then I am 100% sure they are just doing everything for fan service. I must be the only person with zero interest in that fight

Wouldnt be surprised if the heroes win and suffer no causalties going forward

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I think this one is worth the read, but goes deep. So bear with me, and maybe you'll bare with me...

It's all beautifully articulated and very nicely thought out. But I reckon you're barking up the wrong tree.

Night King is done. We have about three and a half hours of television left, to tie up all the other loose ends (and there are still more than enough loose ends to fill that time).

There isn't time now to cover off the main villain coming back and having to do all that again. If there was another whole season to fill, then sure. But not in the next three weeks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If Cleganebowl happens then I am 100% sure they are just doing everything for fan service. I must be the only person with zero interest in that fight

Wouldnt be surprised if the heroes win and suffer no causalties going forward

Well you can be fairly certain CleganeBowl will happen, I've read the books and it's setup there too. No doubt the hound will win the fight or get help from Arya to win it. As for the "heroes", some will definitely die but I'm not sure if we'll get any proper backstabbing deaths or whether they will all die a heroes death like Jack Taylor saving someone else.   

23 hours ago, Risso said:

Why didn't they have Arya using her face-changing ability to sneak through the army of the dead, rather than just appearing from nowhere?

They did.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

They did.

It's a nice idea, I'd like it to be true, but to wear someone's face you have to kill them.

And if you kill a WW they shatter into nothing so there's no way she could wear their face.

I think they spent enough time setting up how stealthy and sneaky she was that it was simply that she snuck in there without anyone noticing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a nice idea, I'd like it to be true, but to wear someone's face you have to kill them.

And if you kill a WW they shatter into nothing so there's no way she could wear their face.

I think they spent enough time setting up how stealthy and sneaky she was that it was simply that she snuck in there without anyone noticing.

I'd rule nothing out.  Not that I particularly care either way.  She's definitely sneaky enough, and now she's sampled the D she's extra motivated to stay alive :P Maybe we'll find out in the next episode.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd rule nothing out.  Not that I particularly care either way.  She's definitely sneaky enough, and now she's sampled the D she's extra motivated to stay alive :P Maybe we'll find out in the next episode.

I think they're setting it up for her to kill Cersei. Cersei has green eyes after all.

And pretty much everyone on her "list" is dealt with. If Cleganebowl happens and the Hound wins then it'll just be the Hound, Cersei and the guy who chopped Ned's head off who are left (I think).

I assume she'll spare The Hound and the executioner is chicken feed.

And then there's Cersei.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they're setting it up for her to kill Cersei. Cersei has green eyes after all.

And pretty much everyone on her "list" is dealt with. If Cleganebowl happens and the Hound wins then it'll just be the Hound, Cersei and the guy who chopped Ned's head off who are left (I think).

Assume she'll spare The Hound, the executioner is chicken feed.

And then there's Cersei.

I think the eyes thing was just Melisandre letting Arya know she'll be adding white walkers to her list of eyes she has closed, by finishing with "... and blue eyes".  The inference being she has already done the other colours.  You may be right but I think that foreshadow has been done.

For me surely it's Jaime who'll throw a different kind of sword into Cersei.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

the executioner is chicken feed.

Such a shame Wilko got ill. I thought he made a great Ilyn Payne.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do we think the Golden Fleece (or whatever Cersei’s hires army is called), has been paid off already to double cross Cersei?.... Varys maybe asked his old friends for help? Dario N’Haris or even Bronn with the gold Cersei gave him? 

I think this potentially could happen. Only way the remaining army has any chance of survival. 

The thing that was so stupid was the dorathki running into the unknown at night. Was absolutely suicide tactic. 

Why didn't they just wait until the dead came to them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

See the first episode of this season when Jon is stood where the NK was killed, Ayra appears and he says 'where did you come from? I didn't hear you approach' or something like that 

Edited by Mozzavfc
  • Like 2

I don't have much interest in that fight being a big set piece.

But it does make sense that those two have a fight. I don't think it's fan service for that to happen.

Just not sure it should be hyped up to be something massive.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont think the fight choreography will be good but hopefully they put some kind of twist to it or have something interesting happen

Pillow fight?

• Haha 3

Â