Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

Well it's just dramatic effect isn't it.

You just have to take it for what it is and enjoy the spectacle.

Be it Jon Snow surrounded yet again, dumpster Glenn or being trapped in space and saved the second before you run out of air or whatever.

At least it wasn't space Leia.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think the writers bottled killing off a big character and shows that Martin has no input on the series as he wouldnt have cared

It was too Hollywoodesque which is one of the things Game of Thrones was famous for not being

Yeah, been that way for a couple seasons now.

Fan service.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the writers bottled killing off a big character and shows that Martin has no input on the series as he wouldnt have cared

It was too Hollywoodesque which is one of the things Game of Thrones was famous for not being

Not really they might be saving those for the battle with the lannisters. If they killed a majority of the charchters off they would have absolutely no chance in that battle. Be mor emajor deaths in this next battle I will almost guarantee it. 

Jamie and the hound are most certainty goners.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

You just have to take it for what it is and enjoy the spectacle.

Therein lies the problem, because the show built it's reputation on being anything but that.  

• Like 2

I really don't understand why they didn't have Jon and the NK having a sword fight by Bran with the NK nearly killing Jon, then Arya pops up in the manner that she did right at the last second? The whole series has been pointing at a Jon vs NK battle and it's just kinda lame how it all eventually happened.

Also, how can the ice dragons fire thing knock down a whole **** wall but can't take out Jon whilst he's hid behind a rock? WTF? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, The_Rev said:

Therein lies the problem, because the show built it's reputation on being anything but that.  

But that was several seasons ago when RR Martin was still writing the stuff.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't understand why they didn't have Jon and the NK having a sword fight by Bran with the NK nearly killing Jon, then Arya pops up in the manner that she did right at the last second? The whole series has been pointing at a Jon vs NK battle and it's just kinda lame how it all eventually happened.

Also, how can the ice dragons fire thing knock down a whole **** wall but can't take out Jon whilst he's hid behind a rock? WTF? 

One really can't go into stuff like that if you are trying to enjoy the show (or most films) Just roll with it

Perhaps with the dragon having a bunch of holes bitten off in his neck he was less powerful :D 

Edited by sne

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I liked that! because it was built up as jon vs the NK and jon has spent years on about him and made him his entire life and his mission...and the NK doesn't give a **** who he is

24 minutes ago, Risso said:

Why didn't they have Arya using her face-changing ability to sneak through the army of the dead, rather than just appearing from nowhere?

That's what I think happened and they will explain that this week. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

John Snow being a case in point.  Completely surrounded by newly risen dead, then somehow makes it away unscathed (and unexplained) to pop up somewhere else ten minutes later.

That wasn't unexplained.

The dragon came in and cleared him a path by wiping everyone out.

The problem was it happened a little bit too late in that he'd have already been swamped by then. If the dragon had come straight away as soon as the dead were about to attack it would have been better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

You've reminded of one of the series of 24 where Jack Bauer avoids a nuclear holocaust by crouching below a rock 🙄

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You've reminded of one of the series of 24 where Jack Bauer avoids a nuclear holocaust by crouching below a rock 🙄

Ye o'l Indiana Jones nuke fridge 

Bildresultat för indiana jones nuke fridge gif

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Why didn't they have Arya using her face-changing ability to sneak through the army of the dead, rather than just appearing from nowhere?

She reunites with Jon earlier in the series at pretty much the exact same spot where she kills the NK. Jon asks her “how did you sneak up on me like that?”

Once she has her ‘not today’ moment, she runs off knowing where Bran is and obviously knows a ‘secret way’ to get to him without being seen until the last second. Plus if it was a dark as it was on my TV,  they wouldn’t have seen her in a high vis and a pair of LA Gear light ups! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â